Allowing the average person, with an internet connection, explore the past through satellite technology.
$1 Million was awarded to Parcak, last year, for her initiative to embrace technology and innovation inside an age-old industry, archaeology.
- Peru is the first country to be apart of the new program.
- Allows for discovery of “previously unknown to most modern archaeologists” to the everyday explorer.
- Rewards are given to those who spend more time exploring.
- “Virtual Reality” will also allow users to visit sites with actual archaeologists.
“The world’s hidden heritage contains clues to humankind’s collective resilience and creativity…
It’s up to all of us to protect this heritage, and with GlobalXplorer we are empowering a 21st century army of global explorers to discover and protect our shared history.”
– Sarah Parcak said in a press release
This major announcement is among many that Sarah has been known for within the past several years…