Get ready to bust out your happy dance! There’s a new development in the works called The Edge and it’s bringing food, drinks, retail and more to the Edgewood neighborhood. Read on for the scoop about this upcoming entertainment space, and if you’re seeking the perfect place for your business, reach out here to make it happen.
Leading the project
Behind the project is husband-wife duo JJ and Whitney Thomas, Edgewood residents who have always wished a multi-functional outdoor entertainment space would pop up near their home.
Instead of waiting for it to happen, they decided to tackle the idea themselves. After researching the concept more carefully and taking the necessary steps, their dream development is officially in the works.
“The idea of us being able to relax with some good food and drinks while our daughter safely plays is simple yet such a joy.”JJ Thomas, Co-Owner, The Edge
Along with feeling the development would be a great fit for Edgewood’s residents and local businesses, JJ and Whitney also chose the location for these reasons:
- It’s centrally located near two college campuses and a major thoroughfare in Highway 65.
- Homewood is a community that is family focused and supports locally owned businesses.
- It offers walkability to West Homewood and Edgewood, two of the fastest-growing areas in the Greater Birmingham Area.
What to expect at The Edge
Now, on to the fun part—what The Edge will offer. In total, the development will feature 1.5 acres of entertainment options including:
- Delicious micro-restaurants where customers can pick up to go or take their food outdoors to eat at The Edge’s many outdoor seating areas.
- Office and retail space for local businesses to set up shop.
- Lots of green space so visitors can hang out with friends and family.
- A covered stage with amphitheater seating for live music and performances.
- Fun outdoor activities including a playground for kids, yard games for adults and a pickleball court.
There will even be a 2,000-square-foot taproom/bar where you can enjoy a variety of tasty drinks. We’ll cheers to that!
Already sweating thinking about parking issues? Fear not. There will be a dedicated parking lot as well as adjacent spaces to The Edge.
“Our hope is that The Edge will provide people of all ages a place to gather with friends and family for food and drink, fellowship and fun. Whether it’s a family coming after practice, college students celebrating after a test or young parents taking a much-needed break out from the house, The Edge will provide that destination.”Whitney Thomas, Co-Owner, The Edge
Your biz can be part of The Edge
Are you a local business owner? You’ll love this exciting news. The Edge is currently seeking tenants to be part of the development. As you likely know, location can make or break a business. If you want to see your company flourish, The Edge is a great place to make it happen.
To learn more about being a tenant at The Edge, reach out here.
When will The Edge open
It can be tough to wait for a cool new development to go through all the steps toward completion. Happily, you won’t need too long, because The Edge has a completion date of this year. Here’s a closer look at the timeline ahead:
- Completion of construction drawings and permits: June 2023
- Open for tenants: Early Fall 2023
- Open to the public: TBD Per Tenant Timelines
Aiding the project will be:
- Architect: Black Design Architecture
- General Contractor: Wyatt Construction
- Landscape Architect: Lorberbaum McNair & Associates
- Branding, Logo Design + Marketing: AMD Creative
- Engineering: LBYD Engineers
- Landlord Representation + Leasing: Harbert Realty Services