When Bar la Fête opened its doors this past September, we were impressed. A classy parisian-inspired wine bar in downtown Birmingham? Ooh lala! Well, word of this chic spot has officially spread—Bar La Fête just made Robb Report’s list of the 25 most beautiful restaurants in the US in 2022.
About Bar La Fête
As we all experienced during the pandemic, the restaurant industry struggled, leading to many closures near and far. When things finally calmed down in 2022, openings of restaurants and bars became abundant.
On the list of 2022 openings was Bar La Fête. Located at Mercantile on Morris, the wine bar is owned by Executive Pastry Chef Kristen Hall and Executive Chef Victor King of The Essential and Bandit Pâtisserie.
Here’s what you’ll discover when you visit:
- French wines with local guest sommeliers offering tastings + personalized pairing recommendations
- High-end spirits + local craft beers
- French-inspired plates with a variety of cheese + pâté
Why it made Robb Report’s list
So what made Robb Reports take notice of Bar La Fête? The top complimentary reason:
“If you can’t travel to Paris, Birmingham’s Bar La Fête might be your next best bet.”Robb Report
In keeping with a comparison to the City of Love, Robb Report also doted on the wine bar for these reasons:
- The exterior covered in florals + greenery.
- The interior decked in deep green + gold tones with walnut stained-wood accents.
- The unisex bathrooms each “having its own personality via different patterns of terrazzo and subway tiles.
Find the full article here.
Want to check out Bar La Fête for yourself? Find it at 2212 Morris Ave, Suite 201, Birmingham, Alabama 35203.