Does holiday shopping drive you nuts? We have the perfect solution to make gift giving quick and simple—order delicious pecans, specialty coffees and holiday assortments during Glenwood’s Pecans for Autism sale taking place November 1-December 31. Read on for info on items for sale, ordering details and how your purchase makes a huge impact on children, adults and families in Birmingham.
Since 1974, Glenwood has been dedicated to educating and treating individuals who have been diagnosed with autism, behavioral health needs and mental illnesses.
Through a mission to enable individuals to live life to their fullest potential, Glenwood touches the lives of over 8,000 individuals and their families through unique programs and services.
Here’s a look at what they provide:
- An array of 30+ comprehensive services for children as young as 18 months old up to adults in their senior years, along with their families and caregivers.
- Treatments and services creatively tailored to enhance each person’s opportunities for success.
- Services for the families of each individual.
Get a closer look at Glenwood’s programs and services here.
Glenwood’s Pecans for Autism sale—Nov. 1-Dec. 31
Since 1976, nearly as long as Glenwood’s been in existence, the organization has held an annual Pecans for Autism sale that takes place during the holiday season. This year’s sale takes place November 1-December 31 and offers delicious items that make perfect seasonal gifts.
“This is Glenwood’s oldest and best-known fundraiser. We start getting calls in August with customers wanting to know when our pecans will be available for sale. The funds raised from this sale will be used to benefit Glenwood’s programs and services for children, adolescents, adults and families affected by autism and other behavioral health needs.”Shanda Daniel, Special Events Manager, Glenwood
Each year, the Pecans for Autism sale has continued to grow. If you’ve ever wondered just how many bags of nuts people consume during the holidays, here’s a general idea: In 2021, Glenwood sold over 32,000 pounds of plain pecans. They sold over 16,000 bags of specialty items like candied pecans. Talk about a lot of nuts!
This year, Glenwood hopes to exceed last year’s sales.
“We would love to go over 35,000 pounds of the plain pecans and would like to sell 18,000 bags of specialty items.”Shanda Daniel, Special Events Manager, Glenwood
What’s for sale
Glenwood’s Pecans for Autism sale offers a variety of items—each tastier than the one before. The best part is that they make awesome gifts for everyone, like friends, family, teachers and coworkers.
Here’s a peek at some of the items you can purchase:
- Signature Pecans:
- Flavors: milk chocolate covered, roasted & salted, cinnamon, glazed and more
- Specialty Items:
- Pecan tarts
- Pecan Brittle
- Specialty Coffees:
- Flavors: southern pecan and toasted cinnamon pecan
- Holiday Assortments with pecans, coffee + other specialty items.
Wondering if there’s a best-seller? According to Shanda, though Glenwood sells a tremendous amount of plain pecans for baking, the Milk Chocolate Covered Pecans are their best-seller.
For the full list of items available, view the 2022 Pecans for Autism catalog.
Ready to order? Here’s how!
- Order online at glenwood.org.
- Mail your order form to: ATTN: Pecans for Autism, 150 Glenwood Ln, Birmingham, AL 35242
- Order via phone: Monday-Friday 8AM-4PM. 1.800.969.8059 OR 205.7953353
- Fax your order form to: 205.795.8360
For in-person shopping, visit these local retailers
- Glenwood’s Pecan Warehouse: Monday-Friday 8AM-4PM | Saturday 10AM-3PM
- Piggly Wiggly: Ashville, Bluff Park, Brent, Clairmont Avenue, Columbiana, Crestline, Dunnavant Valley, Homewood, Liberty Park, Odenville, Pinson and Sylacauga
- Winn-Dixie: Birmingham, Montgomery and surrounding areas
- Iberia Bank: Crestline, Downtown, Fultondale, Mountain Brook, Vestavia, Woodcrest
- Oakworth Capital Bank: Shades Creek Parkway
- SouthPoint Bank locations: Colonnade, Gardendale, Liberty Park, Trussville, Wilsonville
Plus, shop these local corporate & retail shows
- Christmas Village at the BJCC: November 3-7
- Junior League of Birmingham Market at The Finley Center: November 17-20
- The Crescent Building: November 10
- Urban Center: Cafeteria/Liberty Park: November 15
- The Summit: December 2-4, 9-11 and 16-23
Want to pick up your order curbside? Visit Glenwood’s Pecan Warehouse at 150 Glenwood Lane, Birmingham, AL 35242.