Dr. Jesse J. Lewis Sr., the founder of Birmingham Times and an ambition entrepreneur, has been awarded the Lifetime Achievement from the Vulcan Park Foundation. Keep reading to find out why this is so important for the Birmingham community.
What is the Vulcan Park Foundation?
According to Birmingham Times, as a way to preserve the rich history of Birmingham, Vulcan Park Foundation recognizes Birmingham people who exemplify civic pride, leadership and progress in four award categories:
- Lifetime achievement
- Game changer
- Servant leadership
FUN FACT: Just this year, Vulcan Park and Museum received over 100 nominations from individuals in the Birmingham metropolitan area including Bibb, Blount, Chilton, Jefferson, St. Clair, Shelby and Walker Counties.
We congratulate Dr. Jessie J. Lewis Sr. on receiving the Lifetime achievement award. Check out some of his award-worthy achievements.
About Dr. Jesse J. Lewis Sr.
Lewis not only founded the Birmingham Times newspaper in 1963 but has owned or been part of at least 17 different businesses varying from real estate, a recording studio, music publishing and more. Back in 2019, he was inducted into the Birmingham Business Hall of Fame.
Dr. Jesse Lewis was the only one to be nominated for the Life Achievement. Phenomenal job!
The 2022 nominees
A total of seven out of the 100 nominees were selected to receive these prestigious awards and were then split into two categories: The Vulcans and The Spears. These are the exemplary honorees chosen for their dedication to affecting change, serving and leadership that made a difference in the lives of the people:
- Lifetime Achievement—Dr. Jesse Lewis a Birmingham visionary entrepreneur
- Hero—Bradley Johnson of The Bibb County Sheriff’s Department
- Game Changer—Dr. Mark Wilson of Jefferson County Health Department
- Servant Leadership—Lawrence Sheffield of Manufacture Good
- Heroes—Susann Montgomery Clark of The Megan Montgomery Domestic Violence Prevention Fund
- Game Changers—Josephine Lowery of College Choice Foundation
- Servant Leadership—Kelly Greene of Food For Our Journey
“It is a privilege to recognize and celebrate the 2022 Honorees for their extraordinary, selfless contributions to our communities. The important legacy these seven individuals have created will impact the lives of many for years to come.”Jennifer Chandler, Director, Development of Vulcan Park Foundation
If you’d like to see him and the other awardees honored, get your tickets for the celebration now. It’ll take place on November 29 at The Club, Inc which overlooks our beautiful city. The honorees will be in attendentance and you can expect tasty hors d’oeuvres. Will you be going?
- When: Saturday, November 29, 2022 | 5:30PM
- Where: The Club, Inc, 1 Robert S Smith Dr, Birmingham, AL 35209