We all know that Birmingham has one of the top food scenes around. We also happen to have several places where we can take our pups with us to enjoy some delicious eats. Keep reading for a list of the best places to dine with your pup.
This guide was originally created in July 2019 and was last updated in July 2022.
1. Soho Social
Soho Social’s outside patio is my go-to spot to bring my pup. We can’t wait to try their new sister (also pup-friendly) restaurant, Soho Taco soon.
- Location: 1830 29th Ave S #160, Homewood, AL 35209
- Hours: 11AM-10PM daily
2. Back Forty Beer Company
This pup is a regular at Back Forty. Have you tried their burger? We don’t blame her.
- Location: 3201 1st Avenue North, Birmingham, Alabama 35222
- Hours: Sunday 11AM-8PM | Monday + Wednesday 11AM-9PM | Thursday-Saturday 11AM-11PM
She was hoping for duck, but Trudy also loves Rojo’s delicious tacos.
- Location: 2921 Highland Ave, Birmingham, AL 35205
- Hours: Tuesday-Sunday 11AM-10PM
4. The Grocery Brewpub
Look at those eyes…this girl is ready to party at The Grocery in Homewood.
- Location: 2823 Central Ave, Birmingham, AL 35209
- Hours: Sunday 12PM-9PM | Tuesday-Friday 3PM-10PM | Saturday 11AM-10PM
5. Slice Pizza and Brew
Perusing the menu at Slice Pizza and Brew in Lakeview. He’ll take one of everything.
- Location: 725 29th St S, Birmingham, AL 35233
- Hours: Sunday-Thursday 11AM–9PM | Friday-Saturday 11AM-11PM
Although this bulldog may be French, he’s repping the U.S.A. at FIVE in Lakeview.
- Location: 744 29th Street S., Birmingham, AL 35233
- Hours: Thursday-Friday 4PM-9PM | Saturday-Sunday 10AM–3PM, 4–9PM
7. Chez Lulu
There’s just nothing better than sunbathing on the sidewalk at Chez Lulu. The perfect lunch spot.
- Location: 1911 Cahaba Rd, Birmingham, AL 35223
- Hours: Thursday-Sunday 5–9:30PM
8. Moe’s BBQ
This guy likes his beer cold and barbeque from Moe’s.
- Location: 731 29th St S, Birmingham, AL 35233
- Hours: Sunday-Thursday 11AM–9PM | Friday-Saturday 11AM–1AM
This pup knows what they’re doing. Lunch at MELT? Count us in.
- Location: 4105 4th Ave S, Birmingham, AL 35222
- Hours: Tuesday-Saturday 11AM–2PM, 5–8:30PM
For the fanciest of pups! All smiles on the patio at Vino in Mountain Brook.
- Location: 1930 Cahaba Rd, Mountain Brook, AL 35223
- Hours: Sunday-Friday 4–10PM | Saturday 11AM–2PM, 4–10PM
Which dog-friendly restaurant is your fave? Which one did we miss? Let us know @bhamnow.
Contributors to this guide include Taylor Babington and Callie Puryear.