If you’re looking for a job in the Birmingham-Hoover area, the odds may be ever in your favor, with 3.4 jobs per candidate at the moment. Keep reading for all the details.
Jobs in Birmingham-Hoover are way up + unemployment is way down
According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, unemployment in the Birmingham Hoover Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA) has gone down 9.4% from its peak of 11.7% in April 2020 to a preliminary rate of 2.3%—a historic low—in March 2022.
There are over 3.4 jobs in Birmingham-Hoover per available candidate
According to AlabamaWorks!, there are currently 7,153 candidates for 24,610 job openings.
5 of the companies with the most jobs in Birmingham-Hoover are in healthcare + 2 are in fast food
Just like last month, five of the top ten employers with the most job openings are in healthcare. The others are in education, fast food, banking and lawn care.
According to AlabamaWorks!, these are currently the 10 employers with the most job openings in the area:
- University of Alabama at Birmingham Health System: 1612
- The University of Alabama at Birmingham: 819
- The TruGreen Companies LLC: 490
- Tenet Healthcare Corporation: 435
- Community Health Systems, Inc: 364
- Ascension: 348
- Children’s of Alabama: 277
- Regions Financial Corporation: 192
- McDonald’s Corporation: 189
- Tacala, LLC—the group that owns Taco Bell: 162