Do you know a local nonprofit agency or community government program that supports our neediest neighbors who need funding?
The Local Board of the Emergency Food and Shelter Program is now accepting Phase 39 and Phase ARPA-R funding proposals from local agencies providing emergency food and shelter programs in Jefferson, Shelby Blount, and Walker Counties.
Expanding Capacity of Food and Shelter Programs
The Local Board is charged with awarding these funds to help expand the capacity of food and shelter programs in high-need areas. It will review applications requesting funds in the following priority areas:
- Rent/mortgage assistance
- Utility assistance
- Mass shelter costs
- Other shelter
- Mass feeding (served meals or food pantry).
Agencies with an interest in applying must be:
- Private voluntary nonprofits or units of government
- Eligible to receive Federal funds
- Have an accounting system
- Practice nondiscrimination
- Have demonstrated the capability to deliver emergency food and/shelter programs
- If they are a private voluntary organization they have a volunteer board.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted via United Way of Central Alabama’s online application system. Visit www.uwca.org/grant-opportunities to access the application.
Application will be accepted no later than 5:00 pm on Friday, February 18, 2022.
Questions regarding the grant awards should be directed to Shakeitha Tatum, with the United Way at firstname.lastname@example.org