Did you catch the opening of Axel Row, the newest apartment community in Avondale? If not, don’t fret—we got an inside tour of the gorgeous new community and all its amenities. Keep reading to learn more.
Avondale’s Newest Apartment Community
To learn about all the perks of living in Avondale, we met up with our tour guide—Dillard Griffin. Hailing from Georgia, Dillard moved to Birmingham to further his career in property management. Dillard knows the ins and outs of living in Avondale and has fallen love with the neighborhood.
“I have definitely taken advantage of living in Avondale. Amerpersandwich and Post Office Pies are two of my favorite places to grab a bite, and not a week goes by that I don’t walk and meet friends at one of the breweries for a drink after work.”Dillard Griffin, Tour Guide, Axel Row
Benefits of Living in Avondale
As one of the hippest areas of Birmingham, Avondale is never short on things to do. Whether you’re in the mood for a bite to eat or experience the music and nightlife, Avondale has something for you.
Avondale has lots of options for food, all within walking distance of Axel Row, including:
- Ampersandwich — This neighborhood deli is dedicated to offering a quick and cheap option for lunch, dinner and catering. Plus, they have an awesome outdoor patio.
- MELT — This eatery is serving up delicious melted cheese sandwiches, fries, local beers and more in a hip space.
- Avondale Common House — Known for craft cocktails, killer food, local beers and live music, you’ll love this neighborhood bar and grill.
- SAW’s Soul Kitchen — With signature BBQ dishes, this eatery truly serves up food for the soul.
- Taco Morro Loco — If you need authentic Mexican cuisine, Avondale’s Taco Morro Loco is the place to go.
- Luna Latin Cuisine — Located in an old firehouse in Avondale, you’ll find dishes inspired by Venezuelan cuisine in this beloved restaurant.
- Tropicaleo — After a brief hiatus, this popular Puerto Rican restaurant is back and better than ever with locally sourced, organic and fresh ingredients.
- ORE Mercantile — Just a short walk from Axel Row, ORE Mercantile is your one-stop-shop for hip apparel, houseware, accessories and mouthwatering sandwiches at their deli and bodega.
- Rodney Scott’s BBQ — If you’re looking for barbeque that just can’t be beat, you can’t go wrong with Rodney Scott’s!
Need to satisfy your sweet tooth? Look no further than Cookie Dough Magic or Big Spoon Creamery.
And if you’re looking to hit the town with friends, you’re in luck—Avondale is home to tons of bars, breweries, concert venues and more, including:
- The Marble Ring — This “hidden”, retro-themed speakeasy is located somewhere in downtown Avondale—if you don’t know where it is, ask your friends (or keep your eyes open!)
- Avondale Brewing Company — Rain or shine, you can count on Avondale Brewing Company to have great local beer, live music and other events.
- Cahaba Brewing Company — This brewery and taproom serves up some of Birmingham’s best craft beers.
- Ferus on 41st — A recent addition to Avondale, Ferus on 41st is the newest location to serve up Ferus Artisan Ale’s unique brews.
- Saturn — Saturn is unlike any concert venue you’ve ever been to and hosts acts both national and local.
- 41st Street Pub & Aircraft Sales — 41st Street Pub & Aircraft Sales is an Avondale favorite, known for shuffleboard tables, darts and tasty cocktails.
- Mom’s Basement — This retro-themed dive bar will have you feeling right at home, with vintage pinball machines, pool tables, darts and more.
The Perks of Living at Axel Row
Last month, Dillard took Bham Now’er Jessica Broom and me on a tour of Axel Row—including the massive penthouse apartment.
Each apartment home at Axel Row features large, open windows that brighten up your home while offering a beautiful view of Avondale and downtown Birmingham. With open concept floor plans and airy 9-foot ceilings, Axel Row apartments are large and inviting—the perfect canvas to express your creativity in your living space.
Fun fact: The wood shelving in each apartment comes from the historic houses that once stood on the property.
At Axel Row, the move-in process is easy and seamless. On day one, residents have access to:
- Stainless Steel Whirlpool Energy Star Appliances
- Side by Side Refrigerator with Ice and Water Dispenser
- Large walk-in closets in all apartments
- Washer and dryer in all apartments
- Instant on (pre-installed) AT&T internet
And thanks to the building’s large elevator, move-in is a breeze—even if you have large furniture. No need to “PIVOT” like Ross, Rachel and Chandler.
At Axel Row, the outdoor community space is just as welcoming as the apartment homes. Dobbins Group, the development firm behind Axel Row, took special care to craft convenient amenities for the best possible resident experience.
In the apartment community’s courtyard, residents and their guests can enjoy courtyard seating with ambient lighting, including a natural gas fire pit. This pet-friendly area is the perfect place to host a cookout with outdoor grills and games like bocce ball and corn hole.
Want to know one of the best perks of living at Axel Row? Reserved parking for every resident. That’s right—while others struggle to find parking for a popular concert at Avondale or events like Secret Stages, you can rest easy knowing you’ll always have a place to park.
Want to Learn More about Axel Row?
If you love what you see at Axel Row, you’re in luck! With a variety of studio, one-, and two-bedroom apartment homes available, Axel Row has the perfect home for everyone. Click here to view available floor plans.
Bonus! Axel Row is currently offering one month free on all apartment homes. Contact the Leasing Office for details.
What’s your favorite thing to do in Avondale? Tag us @bhamnow to let us know!