There were so many new opening announcements made throughout 2021—here are the top 11 businesses coming to Birmingham in 2022 that we can’t wait to see.
PS: These restaurants and bars are in no particular order. We’re excited about all of them!
1. Bar La Fete
First on our list of businesses coming to Birmingham in 2022 is Bar La Fete. The owners of the popular Bandit Patisserie and The Essential will be opening this Parisian wine bar and kitchen at Mercantile on Morris. Get your mouth ready for tasty wines, high-end spirits and beers.
Expect to grab a bite of your Bandit faves like these in the first quarter of 2022:
- Location: Mercantile on Morris. 2212 Morris Avenue, Birmingham, AL 35203
2. Adios Margarita Bar
Bring on the margaritas! Adios Margarita Bar is set to open at The Dagny in spring 2022. Owners of The Ono Poke and Unos Tacos are the forces behind it. We love their current restaurant and are looking forward to having a drink or two at their new bar this coming year.
- Location: 2218 First Avenue North, Birmingham, AL 35203
3. Frothy Monkey
Back in August, we announced that Frothy Monkey would be taking over the former Urban Standard space in the Second Avenue North district of Downtown Birmingham. The Nashville-based coffeehouse is an independently owned, all-day café serving breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner.
Their menu includes:
- craft beer
- made from scratch meals
The firm Creature is working with Frothy Monkey to reimagine its new space. The space is still under construction and renovation and the hiring process for General Manager has begun.
- Location: 2320 Second Avenue North, Birmingham, AL 35203
4. Slutty Vegan
Popular Atlanta eatery Slutty Vegan first announced a new location in Birmingham in December 2020. The restaurant will be bringing yummy dishes with risqué names to the Magic City including:
- One Night Stand — Plant-based patty loaded with vegan bacon, vegan cheese, caramelized onions, lettuce, tomato, and Slut Sauce on a vegan Hawaiian bun.
- Heaux Boy — Vegan shrimp tossed in a New Orleans style batter, loaded with lettuce, tomato, pickle, vegan cheese, and Slut Sauce on a vegan Hawaiian bun.
Slutty Vegan is still in the beginnings of setting up shop in Woodlawn, but we are excited to see if they will be opening their doors in 2022.
- Location: 55th Place North Birmingham, AL 35212
5. Ghost Train Brewing Co.’s new location
In 2021, we announced that Ghost Train Brewing Co. will be expanding with a new location. Their new spot will join the M2 development.
Here’s what you can expect :
- Music venue
- Formal event space
- Larger taproom
This new location will be a new hotspot for entertainment like stand-up comedy and eclectic art shows and we can’t wait to see it.
- Location: 3501 First Avenue South, Birmingham, AL 35222
6. Last Call Baking storefront
In one of our deliciously detailed openings pieces, we mentioned a storefront opening for Last Call Baking. Owner Channah Willis will be bringing goodies like these to Birmingham soon:
- Pistachio strawberry toast
- Persimmon custard danish
- Kimichi Cheddar croissants
Last Call Baking’s new storefront location still hasn’t been announced, but is expected to open in the early months of 2022.
- Location: TBD
7. June Cafe
We wrote about a new cafe, June Cafe, coming to Birmingham back in June. The owner, Jimmy Truong, has been provided local spots like GENERAL in Forest Park, Punch Love Coffee and Little Professor with coffee for a while. Now, he will be sharing his beans with the Central Birmingham community. June Cafe is set to open sometime this new year.
- Location: 213 25th Street North, Birmingham, AL 35203
8. Oak House
Clear your calendars for mid-January because Oak House may become your new home. It is an upscale restaurant that is coming to Shelby County.
Did you know that you can purchase a gift card now? You can stop by the restaurant from Monday-Saturday 8AM-5PM to pick it up. We can’t wait to dine-in with them.
- Location: 300 Carlow Lane Suite 114 Birmingham, AL 35242
9. Half Shell Oyster House
Campus No. 124 in Pelham is getting a new seafood restaurant. Half Shell Oyster House’s 15th location is opening early 2022 in Pelham. Prepare to dive in on lunch menu items that include:
- Seafood Stuffed Portabellas
- Seafood Pasta
- Oysters and Salad Combo
- Cheddar Cheese Grits
- Location: 2408 Pelham Parkway, Pelham, Alabama, 35124
10. The House of Found Objects
Feizal Valli of The Atomic Lounge recently leased space for a new concept called The House of Found Objects. It is set to open sometime in 2022.
- Location: TBD
11. Pizza Grace
Summer of 2021, we announced that a new, upscale pizzeria was coming to Mercantile on Morris. We’ve been waiting for Chef Ryan Westover to opened the doors for us to try his naturally leavened dough pizza and now the time has come. Pizza Grace’s grand opening is set for Monday, January 10.
I recommend making your first bite a slice of Margherita pizza.
- Location: Mercantile on Morris. 2212 Morris Avenue Suite 105, Birmingham, AL 35203
Did we miss one? Let us know @BhamNow on socials and tell us which new local businesses coming to Birmingham in 2022 are you most excited about.