Official Media Partner
We are back with more murals, so you can know where to find the coolest art in the city. This is part two of our ultimate guide to Birmingham’s murals. Check out part one first, if you missed it.
1. Rotary Trail Mural—@joamodecor, @brother_andy, @illartpeace ,@ahmadaustinart @catrion
This collaborative mural was designed by several Birmingham artists and can be found off of 23rd Street South in downtown.
- Location: Rotary Trail, Birmingham, AL 35233
2. Rooted in Alabama Mural—@masonplusdixon
You can spot this mural of a man in overalls on the wall of Pepper Place Market.
- Location: 2829 2nd Ave S, Birmingham, AL 35205
3. Hop City Mural— @lowsparkarts
The Hop City mural is an artistic rendition of downtown Birmingham. The mural can be found in Pepper Place on the side of the Hop City Building.
- Location: 2924 3rd Ave S, Birmingham, AL 35233
4. Colorful Eyes Mural—@marcusfetch & @blankspacebham
This is one of my favorite murals in the city. It reminds me of the billboard in the Great Gatsby, with eyes that seem to watch you. This mural has now been updated to portray the old man wearing a mask.
- Location: 1st Ave. N and 39th St.
5. Colorful Cityscape at Fife’s—@gjp.art
Grab a bite at Fife’s Restaurant, and check out this pastel-colored mural on the side wall while you’re there.
- Location: 2321 4th Ave N, Birmingham, AL 35203
6. “North Avondale Rocks”—@rizzotattoos
What happens when a tattoo artist meets a blank space in Avondale? A giant mural, of course! Local tattoo artist Vincent Rizzo got the chance to express his creative talent on the exterior of C&CJ’S Carwash in Avondale—and it is so expansive, you can’t capture it all in one shot!
The mural wraps around the entire building and features a variety of interesting characters and scenes, from our own Sloss Furnaces to the beloved Pink Panther.
7. “Welcome to Birmingham, The Magic City”—@blankspacebham
According to Blank Space Bham, Meghan McCollum organized the mural for the pilot episode of Jefferson County: Probation, a Comedy Central series by Roy Woods Jr.
Instead of painting over the mural after the scene was recorded, the team decided to leave it up, with plans to elaborate in the future. We can’t wait to see what comes next!
- Location: 3rd Avenue North and 16th Street North
8. Wininger Baseball Mural—@stephensmithfineart & @tymcornell
See the New York Yankees play baseball in Birmingham when you visit this mural on the side of The Wininger Law Firm downtown.
9. Robot and Monkey Mural—@johnlytlewilson
John Lylte Wilson’s iconic robot can be found on Morris Avenue in Birmingham’s Historic District. Spot the monkeys climbing up his legs.
- Location: 2229 Morris Ave, Birmingham, AL 35203
10. OneWheel Jesus Mural—@pcwilm
- Location: 2411 Morris Ave, Birmingham, AL 35203
11. The Birmingham Pledge Mural—@gengibres
This mural depicts four boys standing together next to the text of the Birmingham Pledge. It was designed by Michael Richardson and executed by Patricia Martin. It can be found on the wall of the Birmingham Police Headquarters.
- Location: 1710 1st Ave N, Birmingham, AL 35203
12. Theatre District Mural—@blankspacebham & @brother_andy
This bright mural displays a dancer, drummer, guitarist and more. You can find it near the Lyric and Alabama Theatre.
13. Church of the Reconciler Mural— @blankspacebham & @marcusfetch
A mural of multiple colors and shapes grace the side of the Church of the Reconciler.
- Location: 112 14th St N, Birmingham, AL 35203
14. Ted’s Restaurant Mural—@bbonardd + Chris Seagle
This bright green and white mural on the side of Ted’s Restaurant is a nice and friendly welcome before you even enter the iconic meat and three spot.
- Location: 328 12th St S, Birmingham, AL 35233
15. Birmingham Breadworks Mural— @brother_andy
Find a beautiful watercolor style painting of Birmingham’s downtown cityscape at Birmingham Breadworks.
- Location: 2408 7th Ave S, Birmingham, AL 35233
Keep an eye out for our next parts of your guide to murals in Birmingham, coming soon. And, remember to tag us @bhamnow in all your mural pics!