Read Time 2 Minutes
The second weekend of October is here and we’ve compiled all the coolest happenings around Birmingham. Check out what’s ahead, October 8-10.
This Weekend in The Magic City
Look no more—your dream home awaits in the 37 new listings just released from RealtySouth.
- Friday-Sunday, Oct. 8-10: Barber Vintage Festival @ Barber Motorsports Park. General Admission – $30-$60. Tickets.
- Friday-Sunday, Oct. 8-10: Birmingham Tattoo Convention @ Sheraton Birmingham Hotel. 2-7PM. $20-$40. Tickets.
- Friday-Saturday, Oct. 8-9: Tchaikovsky’s Violin Concerto with Alabama Symphony Orchestra @ UAB’s Alys Stephens Center – Jemison Concert Hall. 7PM. Price Varies. Tickets.
- Friday, Oct. 8: Fall Barkit Market @ Ross Bridge Farmers Market. 4-8PM. Admission is free.
- Saturday, Oct. 9: “I love Birmingham because…” Pop-Up Booth with REV Birmingham @ The Pizitz (during Birmingham Art Crawl). 11AM-3PM. Free.
- Saturday, Oct. 9: The Three Little Pigs with Opera Birmingham @ Avondale Amphitheatre. 1PM + 3:30PM. $10. Tickets.
- Saturday, Oct. 9: Darter Dash 5K/10K Trail Run @ Turkey Creek Nature Preserve. 7AM. $30-$35. Register.
- Saturday, Oct. 9: Auburn University vs Georgia @ Jordan-Hare Stadium. 2:30PM. Watch on CBS.
- Saturday, Oct. 9: University Alabama vs Texas A&M @ Bryan-College Station. 7PM. Watch on CBS.
- Saturday, Oct. 9: The Market at Pepper Place (+ See The Kittens Pop Up with Kitty Kat Haven + Gatos & Beans) @ Pepper Place. 7AM-Noon. Admission is free.
- Sunday, Oct. 10: Pumpkin Painting with Paint & Pints @ Ghost Train Brewing. 1:30-3:30PM. $25. Tickets.
- Sunday, Oct. 10: Woodlawn Sunday Dinner benefiting Woodlawn Foundation Fundraiser @ 55th Place North, Birmingham. 2-5PM. $75 to attend. $45 to pick up food curbside. Ages 12 + under – free. Tickets.
- Sunday, Oct. 10: Earthbound’s Earthfest @ Avondale Brewing Co. 2-8PM. $5 suggested donation.
- Thursday, Oct. 14: Haute Pink benefiting Forge Breast Cancer Survivor Center @ WorkPlay. 6:30PM. In Person – $75, Virtual – Free. Tickets. Donate.
- Thursday, Oct. 14: Katoberfest @ Cahaba Brewing Co. 4-10PM.
- Thursday-Sunday, Oct. 14-16: Greek Festival @ Holy Trinity-Holy Cross Greek Orthodox Cathedral. 10:30AM-9:30PM.
- Thursday-Sunday, Oct. 14-24: The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee @ Virginia Samford Theatre. Thurs-Sat. 7:30PM, Sun. 2-30PM. $24-$43. Tickets.
- Friday, Oct. 15: Just a Bit of Hoodoo @ LeNell’s Beverage Boutique. 4:30PM. Admission is free. Register to attend.
- Friday, Oct. 15: Rhythm of Colors Art Festival @ Boutwell Auditorium. 5-9PM.
- Sat, Oct. 16: Salsa Showdown @ Cahaba Brewing Co. 2-6PM. Advance Tickets – $15. Day Of Event Tickets – $20. Tickets.
- Saturday, Oct. 16: Dance Yrself Clean @ Vinegar. 6-11PM. Admission $10. Admission + 2 drink tickets – $20. Tickets.
- Saturday, Oct. 16: Unleashed, A Philanthroparty benefiting The Women’s Fund of Greater Birmingham @ Red Mountain Theatre + Virtual. 5:30-8:30PM. Individual Ticket – $500. Virtual Ticket – $75. Host a Party – $300. Tickets.
- Saturday, Oct. 16: Woodlawn Street Market @ 55th Place, Birmingham. 10AM-4PM. Admission is free.
- Sunday, Oct. 17-23: Trik for Trot 5K benefiting Kid One Transport (In-Person + Virtual) @ Back Forty Brewing. 8-10AM. $30. Register.
Deal of the Week
10% off your order at Magic City Coffee Co with discount code Magic10.
Find more deals + add your own to our Small Business Guide.