We believe that the Birmingham art scene is ~thriving~. From local artists to engaging art events, the Birmingham art culture stays vibrant and exciting. We rounded up four upcoming art shows in Birmingham that you don’t want to miss!
1. Bluff Park Art Show
The nationally recognized Bluff Park Art Show supports local artists by displaying over 100 pieces from local schools, libraries and universities. Did you know they also donate to the Birmingham Museum of Art? I know that I’m etching to go.
- Bluff Park Art Show: Website | Facebook | Instagram
- When: Saturday, October 2 | 9AM-5PM
- Where: The Park at Shades Cliff, 517 Cloudland Dr, Hoover, AL 35226
- Price: FREE
2. Magic City Mural Fest
Have you ever wanted to help paint one of Birmingham’s beautiful murals? Now’s your chance! Join Blank Space Bham as they transform an alleyway in Woodlawn during Birmingham’s first all-female featured mural festival.
- Magic City Mural Fest: Website | Facebook | Instagram
- When: Saturday-Saturday, October 2-9
- Where: Alleyway between 55th St. N and 55th Place N, Woodlawn, AL
3. Woodlawn Street Market
Fan of shopping at pop-up art shows in Birmingham? Woodlawn Street Market has all the local vendors for art, books, food and more.
Not in the mood for going out? You can shop online in the Virtual Marketplace.
- Woodlawn Street Market: Website | Facebook | Instagram
- When: Saturday, October 16 | 10AM-4PM
- Where: 1 55th Pl S, Birmingham, AL
- Price: FREE
4. Beyond Van Gogh
Beyond Van Gogh: The Immersive Experience is coming to the BJCC for a limited time. Transport yourself into a 3D light show of over 300 Vincent Van Gogh paintings.
This immersive visual presentation designed by world-renowned audiovisual designers uses projection tech to create an engaging experience into Van Gogh’s art. Tickets go on sale Friday, September 17.
- Beyond Van Gogh: Website
- When: November 17
- Where: 1 Richard Arrington Jr Blvd N, Birmingham, AL
- Price: Prices start at $36.99 for adults and $21.99 for children.
Going to any of these events? Tag us in your pics @bhamnow and don’t forget to use #BhamNow.