Do you hear that? It’s the sound of excited cheers because the Secret Stages Music Discovery Festivalis this Friday + Saturday, August 6-7. There’s even more happenings ahead this weekend around Birmingham, too. Find out what’s to come August 6-8.
This Weekend in The Magic City
Friday, August 6 from 5-9PM, celebrate Afrofuturism in The Magic City at the Birmingham Museum of Art’s first in-person party since the onset of the pandemic. Inspired by iconic artist and Birmingham native, Sun Ra, expect drinks, music and a bit of magic. Admission is free.
It’s time to sing
Secret Stages is Fri-Sat, August 6-7. The music discovery festival spotlights The Magic City’s thriving arts scene with local and national talent performing on stages around the Avondale Entertainment District. Lineup. Schedule. Tickets.
All aboard the new home train
There are 46 new home listings on the market with RealtySouth. With this many available, you’re sure to find something you love.
More events this weekend:
- Friday-Saturday, August 6-7: Eat in the Streets @ Avondale. Fri 5-10PM, Sat 11AM-9PM.
- Friday-Sunday, August 6-8: Cahaba Heights Annual Tent Sale @ Cahaba Heights. 6-8PM. Admission – FREE.
- Saturday, August 7: The Market @ Pepper Place. 7AM-Noon. Admission – FREE. Curbside pickup available.
- Saturday, August 7: Firehouse Ministries “Shoes and Brews” Cornhole Tournament @ Cahaba Brewing Co. Noon-7PM. $40 per team, Spectators – FREE.
- Sunday, August 8: Zane Lamprey’s Laughs & Drafts Brewery Tour @ Birmingham District Brewing Co. 6PM. General Admission – $25, VIP – $40. Tickets.
- Sunday, August 8: Umphrey’s McGee Summer Tour @ Avondale Brewing Co. 6:30PM. $33.50. Tickets.
Find more events in Now the Weekend—Video Edition.
Coming up next
Wednesday-Sunday, August 11-15: Shark Week @ McWane Science Center. Wed-Fri 9AM-5PM, Sat 10AM-5PM, Sun Noon-5PM. Ticket price varies. Tickets.
Thursday-Sunday, August 12-29: Birmingham Restaurant Week in Downtown Birmingham. Participating restaurants.
Friday, August 13: Club Gaston benefiting A.G. Gaston Boys & Girls Club @ Walter Howlett Jr. Clubhouse. 7PM. $75-$125. Tickets.
Saturday, August 14: Woodlawn Night Market. 10AM-4PM. Admission – FREE.
Saturday, August 14: Picasso Pets @ Grand Bohemian Hotel Mountain Brook. 6-10PM. $250. Tickets.
Saturday, August 14: Rise ’n Drag Benefit Drag Brunch benefiting AIDS AL @ Black Market Bar & Grill. Noon. $40. Tickets.
Saturday-Sunday, August 14-15: Hammerfest @ Pepper Place. Saturday, 11AM-9PM. Sunday 8AM. Admission – FREE.
Sunday, August 15: The Wildflowers: A Tribute to Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers @ Alabama Theatre. 7PM. $10. Tickets.
Deal of the Week
The Hive is offering $10 All You Can Play arcade games + free parking on Saturday, August 7. Find more deals + add your own to our Small Business Guide.
For more events around Birmingham, follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, and sign up for our FREE newsletter.