Seeking a childcare center/preschool that provides your little one with safety, education and happiness? Find out why C.A.S.A. at Asbury United Methodist Church should be on your radar. Enrollment info here.
About C.A.S.A. Day School
C.A.S.A. (Children Are Special at Asbury) is a Mother’s Day Out, Preschool and Pre-K program located in Shelby County that’s designed for children ages two months to five years.
As an extension of ministry of Asbury United Methodist Church, each child enrolled at C.A.S.A. receives love and care from experienced professionals who put God and His Children first.
“I started working at C.A.S.A. after my youngest child went to Kindergarten as a way to fill my time. It quickly turned in to so much more. My ‘C.A.S.A. Kids’ fill each of my days with the gifts of laughter, love and a genuine curiosity for the world around them.
In return, I am truly blessed to help them grow intellectually while teaching them about friendship and kindness and the light and love of Jesus.”Karen Crichton, Pre-K Teacher, C.A.S.A. at Asbury United Methodist Church
A look at C.A.S.A.’s preschool curriculum
I remember the excitement and worry of enrolling my daughter in preschool. I also remember the countless questions that zoomed through my head. Will the teacher be nice? Will my daughter like it? Can I handle this? The questions were endless.
One question that stands out in bold for many parents is this: what is the curriculum?
At C.A.S.A., the curriculum includes all the core elements your preschooler needs to jumpstart their education, like pre-reading, pre-math, social skill development and self-esteem promotion.
Along with each individual classroom’s curriculum, C.A.S.A. offers six enrichment classes that that help children broaden their horizons and discover new interests. Here’s a peek at what bonus classes are offered:
- Bible & Missions: all children discover the love of God through stories, crafts, games and songs, as well as engage in hands-on mission work.
- Computer: ages 3-K5 learn computer skills to enhance fine motor skills and learn problem-solving, letter and number recognition and cognitive reasoning.
- Movement: in addition to recess, all students participate in Movement where they play games, have free play and dedicated time to get their wiggles out.
- Music: all children have the chance to express themselves through singing, dancing and instruments. They even take part in concerts throughout the year.
- Spanish: 4-5 year olds learn basic Spanish words and phrases.
- Science: Ages 3-5K learn basic science concepts through demonstrations and hands-on activities.
As a parent, I was impressed by the list—especially that C.A.S.A. offers a Spanish class. How many of us parents say we want to teach our little one a second language, then after one week, forget all about it? I’m totally guilty of this. So it’s pretty exciting to find a preschool that lets kids explore a whole new language.
Ready to enroll your child at C.A.S.A? Find rates and enrollment instructions here.
After-school activities for the win
Is your kiddo one who likes to do ALL the things? Then you’re probably looking for ways to keep them entertained when the school day ends. So check this out. C.A.S.A. offers after-school activities, so you can keep your little one active and interested.
The best part is that the activities take place at the school. This means:
- No extra pickups and driving are required.
- You get extra parental free time.
Here’s what activities are open for enrollment:
- Aces & Birdies (tennis + golf)
- Head Over Heels Gymnastics
- Mentoring with Art: for more info, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Soccer Shots
Wondering about early care and after care options?
C.A.S.A. offers both. Here are important details about both:
When: available 5 days a week | 8-9:30AM
When: available 5 days a week | 1:30-3:30PM
Price: $6 per hour/child
Bonus: C.A.S.A. also offers drop-in care. This option is great in case you find yourself in need of last-minute (less than 24 hours notice) childcare. And let’s be real, parents, it happens more than we realized would happen going into this whole thing.
More to discover
Are you ready to sign up your little one at C.A.S.A? Enrollment is open now.
- Call 205.995.1038
- Email email@example.com
- Visit C.A.S.A. at 6690 Cahaba Valley Road, Birmingham, Alabama 35242.