The Birmingham Organizing Committee for The World Games 2022 (TWG2022) announced today it has inked a new television agreement with CBS Sports.
In less than a year, the 11th edition of The World Games will be coming to the Magic City. Taking place July 7-17, the international multi-sport event organized with the support of the International Olympic Committee, will feature 3600 athletes in more than 30 sports.
According to The World Games, here are the details about the new agreement:
- CBS Sports will televise a total of 12 hours of coverage stemming from The World Games.
- CBS Sports Network will air one-hour highlight shows after each day of competition over the 10-day sporting event.
- CBS Television Network will broadcast two one-hour specials with broadcast coverage.
Along with network coverage, programming will also stream on Paramount+ Premium.
Watch it live
We can’t wait to see nightly recaps of The World Games with our beautiful city and community as a backdrop.
Over 25 venues in the metro area will be used throughout The Games.
Here is a sample:
- The Protective Stadium will hold the opening and closing ceremonies
- The Hoover Met will host the World Games softball competition
- CrossPlex – inline hockey, artistic roller skating, speed skating (indoor and outdoor), wheelchair rugby, lifesaving, finswimming + canoe polo
- Legion Field: flag football
- Boutwell Auditorium – sumo, kickboxing and muaythai
- Oak Mountain State Park – water-based competitions, including waterski/wakeboard, canoe marathon and middle distance orienteering.
It looks like local residents will have plenty of opportunities to photobomb the nightly sports anchors. Tickets are going fast—especially for the opening and closing ceremonies. Buy yours now.