Read Time 1 Minutes
Greek Street is transporting Hoover residents to Athens, Greece this summer, with no passport required. Founded by Keith Richards of Taziki’s, the new fast-casual spot features traditional Grecian street fare at affordable prices.
What’s on the menu:
Vegetarians, meat eaters and even those of us with an insatiable sweet tooth can all find something to enjoy at Greek Street. The restaurant was designed to emulate the kind of street food you’d get in Athens, Greece: high-quality, low-cost and casual.
- Classic appetizers like hummus, whipped feta, taziki dip and falafel
- Gyros with a variety of meats, including chicken, pork and lamb
- Sandwiches ranging from pork to chicken and plant-based burgers
- Bowls containing a veggie base and protein of your choice piled high
- Traditional Desserts including Baklava and Loukoumades (a Greek pastry with cinnamon, honey and powdered sugar…yes please!)
How to get your Greek fix:
You can find the inaugural Greek Street location in Hoover:
- Address: 5291 Valleydale Road, Suite 141, Birmingham, AL 35242 (within Hoover’s Inverness Village shopping center)
- Hours: Mon – Thurs: 11am – 9pm; Fri – Sat: 11am – 10pm; Sun: Closed
- Website | Instagram
Another hit for the Taziki’s team:
We’re thrilled to hear that Taziki’s, one of our favorite homegrown businesses, has expanded on this new venture. Greek Street’s concept is a pivot from the home-cooked, Mediterranean style dishes at Taziki’s, with an emphasis on urban street food specific to Athens.
Founder, Keith Richards, is elated to bring an authentic, fast-casual option to the Hoover area. “We are excited to share the flavors we experienced from the streets of Athens, Greece with Birmingham,” he said. “We want to give our guests the same hospitality and great food at Greek Street as we have for the past 23 years at Taziki’s.”
Are you team hummus or whipped feta? Let us know @BhamNow!