Read Time 2 Minutes
Eat at one of six Birmingham Mexican or Tex-Mex restaurants during Fiesta Ball Week, July 17-24 and support cancer research while you dine. Meal tickets range from $35 per person to $75 for a family meal, depending on where you go. Your money goes to two good causes: supporting local restaurants and the O’Neal Comprehensive Cancer Center at UAB. Get your tickets before midnight on July 14. Keep reading for all the details.
Here’s which restaurants are participating + what’s on offer
Each participating restaurant will be offering a special menu to Fiesta Ball Week participants. Click on the name of the restaurant for all the details. You can’t use your tickets with any meal delivery services, and your tip’s not included.
Single meal options
- Sol Y Luna—$35, lunch only, reservations preferred, not required
- El ZunZún—$35 + a $50 dine-in only option that includes a margarita 🍹
- Little Donkey—$35
- Craft’s on Church Street—$35
- All eight Birmingham-area Taco Mama locations—$35
Family meal options
Fiesta Ball Week’s all for a good cause + there’s an online auction
Unfortunately, like so many other things, Fiesta Ball was cancelled last year due to the pandemic. But Fiesta Ball Week is a new form of this annual event, hosted by the Young Supporters Board, and it’s better than ever.
In addition to eating at the six local Mexican or Tex-Mex restaurants, you can also participate in an online auction—no ticket required. All proceeds from the auction support the Mary Ann Harvard Young Investigator Grants at the O’Neal Comprehensive Cancer Center. The grants help early-career scientists at the O’Neal Cancer Center jump-start their research programs.
Here are just a few of the things you can bid on at the auction:
- Alabama football autographed by Coach Nick Saban 🏈
- Weekend vacation at Lake Martin 🚤
- Round of golf for two at Pursell Farms 🏌🏽♂️
- And more
Here’s when it happens:
- Start time: 12:01AM, Saturday, July 17
- End time: 5PM, Saturday, July 24
- Check out the special Fiesta Ball Week menus.
- Get your meal tickets by midnight on July 14.
- Bring your tickets to your designated restaurant any time during Fiesta Ball Week to get your meal.
- Check out the auction and bid—no tickets required.