Read Time 2 Minutes
Governor Kay Ivey recently announced a program to help small businesses during the pandemic—Revive Plus. Whether you’re a small business owner or know one, the perfect time to apply is now. Want to know how the program works and how you can support small businesses with the chance to win a little extra cash? Just keep on reading.
The fabric of our Magic City
It’s no secret that here at Bham Now, we love supporting local. It’s the small, independent businesses that make the fabric of our city so vibrant. Of course, none of us expected a global pandemic to start the new decade, but our favorite businesses are rolling with the punches. However, now they need some assistance more than ever.
🌟 Search over 600 local restaurants, bars and businesses offering deals, curbside delivery and more
➡️ Add Yours
How Alabama is lending a helping hand
Governor Kay Ivey recently announced a program to support Alabama’s small businesses through a $200 million grant called Revive Plus. If you’re a small business owner, non-profit or faith-based organization, you can apply for assistance up to $20,000.
Here are a few things to note before applying:
- The grant applies to a fully operational business as of March 1, 2020 and continues to be operational as of the date of the application.
- Business must have no more than 50 employees.
- Business is located and registered to operate in the state of Alabama.
- The business has incurred eligible expenses due to interruption of business, up to the grant amount requested.
- The business has not received a federal Paycheck Protection Program Loan, Economic Injury Disaster Loan or Pandemic Unemployment Assistance.
If this sounds like something you or someone you know is eligible for, here’s a more in-depth description to take a look at.
You’re a small business owner? You’re in luck. Apply now!
The application for Revive Plus opened Monday, November 23 and the deadline to apply is Friday, December 4 at noon. Grants are rewarded on a first-come-first-served basis so don’t wait too long.
If this sounds like something right up your alley, apply now.
How you can help Birmingham small businesses NOW
Since the holidays are right around the corner, why not get everything on your list from a Birmingham business? Not only will it be one of a kind, but you’ll have a hand in helping local businesses rebound from the impacts of COVID-19.
Now through December 31, you can participate in REV Birmingham‘s Great Receipt Race where you’ll have the chance to win $100 in local gift cards every week. It’s just as easy as it sounds. Here’s your simple 5 step guide to winning big.
Check out these guides to local Bham businesses to get you started:
- 17 Black-owned restaurants to eat at in Birmingham
- Your ultimate Birmingham holiday gift guide + exclusive local deals
- Shop clothing, accessories + more from 6 local stores in Birmingham
- Support 17 black-owned Birmingham retail shops + creative services
- 14 local ceramic makers + where to make your own in Birmingham