Read Time 3 Minutes
Whether in-person or virtual, many schools around the greater Birmingham area are back in session. As a thank you to the amazing teachers rocking all the latest pandemic changes, local companies are offering discounts on things like food, classroom supplies and apparel. If you’re a teacher—or know a teacher—who could benefit from a sweet deal, check out this list.
From August 17-21, teachers can get their early morning pick-me-up with a free hot or iced coffee at Jack’s. Simply visit your nearest Jack’s location and show a valid teacher ID. Coffee can be picked up via drive-thru or inside before 9AM.
For me, a new school year always meant back-to-school shopping. On the list of essentials—shoes. If you’re a parent of school-aged kiddos, head to Mountain High for that new pair of kicks. Doing so with also help your favorite teacher. Here’s how:
Now until August 17, buy one pair from nine select brands of shoes (in-store purchase only) and Mountain High will gift a pair of equal value to the teacher of your choice. How rad is that? Be sure to use discount code GiveOne at checkout.
This special deal also supports first responders, restaurant employees, retail employees, healthcare workers, dental care workers. So if you know someone who works in one of these fields, I’m sure they’d love a new pair of shoes.
Teachers, you are true heroes. So snag this super discount from Hero Doughnuts. Now through September 30, all locations of this local favorite are offering a 20% discount to teachers and educations like you. Just show your teacher ID at checkout.
It’s been awhile since I visited Target, but boy do I miss that rush it gives you as soon as you walk through those automatic doors.Like moths to the flame, that Target bullseye just draws us in, doesn’t it? Well, this back-to-school teacher discount will draw you in even faster.
Available now through August 29, teachers can score 15% off select classroom supplies and essentials.
Here’s who qualifies to receive the discount:
- Teachers from daycare centers, home daycares or early childhood learning centers
- Faculty/teachers for K-12 schools
- Faculty/teachers for colleges/universities
- Homeschool teachers for grades K-12
The discount can be used for the following items:
- School supplies
- Classroom storage
- Pillowfort furniture
- Bullseye’s Playground
- Granola bars
- Fruit snacks
- Food storage bags
- Facial tissue
Redeem the offer online and in-store via drive-up, order pickup, same-day delivery or standard delivery.
Hey faculty and staff of UAB! If you didn’t know, you can grab lunch every Friday for just five bucks. Just visit UAB’s Commons on the Green between 10AM-1PM.
Nothing gets that energy flowing better than donuts—especially on early-morning school days. Why oh why does school and work have to start so early?!
Act fast! Now through Friday, August 14, teachers can swing by their local Krispy Kreme and receive a FREE original glazed doughnut and a regular-sized drip coffee. All you have to do is show your school employee badge.
Sink your teeth into this sugary deal via drive-thru or in-shop at these local locations:
- 8601 First Ave N, Birmingham, AL 35206
- 5357 Hwy 280, Birmingham, AL, 35242
- 1990 New Patton Chapel Rd, Hoover, AL, 35226
- Michaels: Show a valid educator’s ID and get 15% off all regularly priced items in store.
- Office Depot and Office Max: Now through Saturday, September 12, teachers who are Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards members will receive 20% back in rewards on a qualifying in-store or online purchase. Just present this coupon and a valid rewards number at checkout.
- Starbucks: Though there’s no formal teach discount, many Starbucks baristas will give you on. Just ask and there’s a good change you shall receive.
- Pizza Hut: It may not be advertised, but there’s been talk that Pizza Hut offers teachers a discount of 10-20% off their order. Contact your nearest location for more details.