Read Time 3 Minutes
While some people in Birmingham have been working to get food to healthcare workers during the COVID-19 crisis, Christopher Groom of Mountain High Outfitters has been thinking about the comfort of healthcare workers and first responders. Without proper shoes, long and stressful shifts can be even more draining.
If you buy a pair of four select brands between now and May 11, 2020, Mountain High will give a pair of shoes to the healthcare worker or first responder you choose who’s dealing with COVID-19. Shop online or stop by a store today and use the code GiveOne.
Mountain High Outfitters has four locations in the Greater Birmingham area
If you’re not familiar with Mountain High Outfitters, they offer apparel, footwear, gear, and accessories for the outdoor, active, and everyday lifestyle. If you’re camping, hiking or just need the perfect gift, you’ll find what you need.
Once it’s safe to do so again, Mountain High can also help you get ready for a trip to the beach, tailgating, a trip abroad or to camp.
Here’s where you’ll find Mountain High Outfitters in the Greater Birmingham area:
- Cahaba Village (on the other side of Green Valley Road from Whole Foods) | 205.970.3300
- The Summit (in the top section beside Urban Outfitters) | 205.298.7890
- The Outlet Shops of Grand River (near Barber Motorsports Museum) | 205.699.8264
- Riverchase Galleria (near Belk) | 205.985.3215
You’ll also find locations in Montgomery, Tuscaloosa, Auburn, Huntsville, Nashville, and Atlanta area. While stores are currently not open, they are offering curbside service.
Buy one, give one to a healthcare worker or first responder who’s dealing with COVID-19
“If you’re on your feet for an extended period of time, comfort is essential. We wanted to find a way to give back to the healthcare workers and first responders who are dealing with COVID-19 and also to have others pay it forward.”Christopher Groom, Mountain High Outfitters
Here’s how it works:
- Stop by any Mountain High Outfitters location for curbside service, shop online or call the store Sunday-Saturday 11AM-6PM and buy one of these four brands of shoes:
- ON Footwear
- Birkenstock (excluding EVA)
- When you check out, mention the code GiveOne, and let the person who checks you out know the name, phone number and email address of the healthcare worker or first responder who you’d like to get the second pair of shoes.
If you’re shopping online at www.mountainhighoutfitters.com, provide the code GiveOne and a team member will reach out to you for the contact information of the first responder or health care worker of your choice.
- Let your giftee know that you’ve gifted them a pair of shoes. They’ll receive an E-Gift in their email and can visit any Mountain High Outfitters location by the end of 2020 to get their shoes. Alternatively, they can order online with a special code that you’ll get at checkout. Free shipping does not apply to the buyer or the giftee.
Here are the four brands of shoes you can choose from
“A lot of our guests who are nurses, doctors and first responders enjoy these brands because of the support and comfort they provide.”Christopher Groom, Mountain High Outfitters
Fans of these Swedish-designed shoes say wearing them is “like running on clouds.” Sounds dreamy, doesn’t it?
I worked at Trader Joe’s for 3.5 years, and I still remember the day I bought my first pair of HOKA’s. From my feet to my upper back, my entire body felt the difference immediately. Hailed by surgical nurses and grocery workers everywhere, these shoes are hard to beat for comfort.
Birkenstock (excluding EVA)
For years I lived in Birkenstocks. I have very fond memories of the summer I spent taking long walks in the French countryside. There were so many times I would put them on and my feet would say “thank you.” They’re supportive, durable and mold to the particular quirks of your foot. What’s not to love?
Sometimes you need all-terrain shoes to take you safely to all those special places. Salomon has you covered with boots, trail running shoes and more. Whether they are for work or play, you and your healthcare worker/first responder will love these shoes.
So, head out to your local Mountain High Outfitters store, call the store Sunday-Saturday 11AM-6PM or shop online today. Purchase one of the four brands mentioned and use the code GiveOne at checkout. Mountain High will reach out to the healthcare worker or first responder and let them know a pair of shoes is waiting for them.
Now tell us, Birmingham, what are you doing to support healthcare workers and first responders at this time? Tag us on Instagram or Facebook @bhamnow or on Twitter @now_bham and let us know!