What’s the food you could eat every day? That’s the question celebrity chef Andrew Zimmern will be answering tonight on “The Best Thing I Ever Ate!” Catch him on The Cooking Channel tonight, Jan. 27, at 8PM Central Time.
1. For Andrew Zimmern, it’s all about Miss Myra’s BBQ chicken.
Who doesn’t love Miss Myra’s Pit Bar-B-Q chicken with white sauce? Although I’m now a vegetarian, I have nothing but fond memories of eating that sandwich. My husband and I even had some at our wedding—that’s how much we liked it!
Bham Now wrote about how Far & Wide named Miss Myra’s Pit Bar-B-Q “Top Pick” for best sandwich in Alabama back in June 2019. At that time, Andrew Zimmern’s love for Miss Myra’s was no secret.
2. Andrew Zimmern loves Birmingham’s food scene.
“I found Birmingham a very exciting town to eat my way through…. Birmingham is a gold nugget in a river of mud.”Chef Andrew Zimmern, from CNN video
- Jan. 16, 2020: CNN Travel highlights Birmingham in surprising foodie cities story (in which Zimmern talks about how hot the food scene is in Birmingham).
- Dec. 7, 2018: Birmingham episode of ‘The Zimmern List’ to air Saturday, December 22.
- Jun. 1, 2018: See chef and TV host Andrew Zimmern at Pepper Place on Saturday, June 2 (includes links to episodes of Bizarre Foods in which he ate his way through our fair city).
3. Don’t take Andrew Zimmern’s word for it—go check out Miss Myra’s for yourself.
Whether barbecue chicken with white sauce sounds as amazing to you as it does to Andrew Zimmern, or you’re more in the mood for dessert, Miss Myra’s will not disappoint.
- 9 things to know and love about Birmingham’s Cahaba Community, including Lake Purdy
- 9 reasons to check out Cahaba Heights, including a new spa
Here are all the details:
What: Miss Myra’s Pit Bar-B-Q
Where: 3278 Cahaba Heights Rd, Birmingham, AL 35243
When: M-Th 8AM-8PM, F-Sat 8AM-9PM