Read Time 4 Minutes
Friendsgiving shouldn’t be a hassle. And now it doesn’t have to be. Here’s your 5 step guide to getting your Friendsgiving meal delivered by Waitr—including the best Birmingham restaurants to order from and the essential steps to avoid last minute potluck madness.
P.S. Make sure to use code “BHAMNOW” for FREE delivery when you order from Waitr! 💥
5 Steps to Hosting Your Friendsgiving in Birmingham
Step 1: Invite Your Friends
We know what you’re thinking. “Obviously I’m inviting my friends.” Hang in there—this is just our segue to remind you why Friendsgiving is a thing in the first place: TO ACTUALLY VISIT AND SPEND TIME WITH YOUR PALS!
It’s not for spending days stressing about what food to cook, or worrying about how to decorate, or literally anything other than enjoying a meal with your friends. And the best way to do that is to minimize time doing anything else.
That includes hours in the kitchen trying to replicate your grandmother’s famous cornbread dressing recipe to no avail. Which takes us to possibly the most important step. ⤵️
Step 2: Choose a Local Restaurant
Friendsgiving food is a big deal. Do you go simple with a potluck, or do you go traditional and microwave a 25lb turkey (Just kidding—This joke that went viral last year.) I’m not gonna lie, traditional Thanksgiving food is what I look forward to all year. But for Friendsgiving purposes, a potluck is the MVP—and Waitr is the perfect no-stress way to make it all happen.
Here are a few of our favorite Birmingham restaurants with catering + larger portion options on Waitr to order your Friendsgiving food from:
Jim ‘N Nicks | What to Order: Anything from their Community Meal + Trimmings for Your Gathering menus
- On their Community Meal menu, you can order meat by serving sizes of 6, 12 and 18. Options range from pulled pork and turkey to a whole chicken and brisket. The meals also come with two sides, sweet/unsweet tea and buns/biscuits.
- On their Trimmings for Your Gathering menu, you can order a pint, quart, gallon or half-gallon of any of their 7 side options.
- See their full menu on Waitr here. And check out more BBQ options on Waitr here.
Chick-fil-A | What to Order: A Chick-fil-A Tray
- Available for tray orders are nuggets, wraps, chicken strips, fruit, salad, cookies and even a superfood option that serve 8-10, 15-18 or 25-33 people.
- They also sell gallons of coffee, tea and lemonade.
- See their full menu on Waitr here.
Overtime | What to Order: Any of the Bulk Trays on their Catering menu
- The Bulk Tray options each feed 6-8 people and include wings, chicken tenders, quesadillas, Alfredo chicken and salad.
- See their full menu on Waitr here.
Step 3: Start the Group Order
One of Waitr’s best features is the ability to place group orders. It is SO EASY, and saves so much time when you’re ordering food with friends. We also discovered it’s pretty handy when it comes to Friendsgiving. Think about it: you can choose a restaurant ahead of time with your friends, all add to the order, and everyone can pay for your their own dish. It’s a modern day potluck! And it works beautifully—here’s an overview:
- On the Waitr app (and desktop), you’ll see the person icon with the + sign at the top right of the screen.
- When you click that, you’ll be prompted to enter a code or start a group order.
- Once you find the restaurant you and your friends agreed on, you can start the order and send the code to your friends.
And voilà! Everyone else can just click the link you share to add to the order. It’s pretty magical.
Step 4: Schedule the Group Order
Oh, you didn’t think the convenience ended with the group order did you? Waitr’s whole schtick is to make your life easier, and they’re really good at it. So if you were today years old when you discovered the “Schedule Ahead” feature on Waitr, you’re welcome.
It. Is. Amazing. Not only can everyone order and pay for their own dishes all on one ticket, the host can schedule the ENTIRE order to be delivered up to a week in advance! That means NO last minute grocery store runs and NO stress about cooking or worrying if the pie will be thawed in time.
Your whole Friendsgiving meal can be delivered to your door right on time, ready to eat and probably all in one bag (those things are HUGE!)
Step 5: Eat, Drink and Be Thankful for Free Food Delivery + Friendsgiving.
So now that you know how easy Friendsgiving can be, you have no excuse to miss out this year.
Want to know the best part? You can get it all delivered with no delivery fee!
Just make sure to use code “BHAMNOW” at checkout.
Have more tips for a Birmingham Friendsgiving? Let us know on social @BhamNow.