Chances are, you’ve been the The Pizitz Food Hall on more than one occasion. And if you’re anything like me, you probably have a go-to place with a go-to order that you pretty much never stray from. I get it—It’s easy to stay in your comfort zone when you find something you like, especially when it comes to food. But trust me, you’re missing out. Checkout these 6 must-try dishes on your next trip to the food hall. Plus, win $100 to spend at The Pizitz!
Our Pizitz Food Hall Favorites:
Remember when I said something about a go-to place with a go-to order? Yeah, mo:mo is mine. But after I ordered the Korean BBQ Shrimp Banh Mi for the 100th time, I figured I better switch things up. Now I have a solid 5 or 6 options, these included:
- What to Order: Pork momos | Steamed with Alabama tomato vinaigrette. Organic ground pork, ginger, garlic, cilantro, onions & spices.
- Price: $7
Chef Abhi Sainju: “These two dishes are the most popular amongst our regulars. Pork momos, a newer menu item (over the traditional turkey momo), are a huge hit! They are spiced a little differently than the turkey momo’s and are a must try!”
- What to Order: Coconut Curry Chicken Penang | Organic chicken breast grilled with Orange coconut curry sauce, red peppers, Thai basil over jasmine rice.
- Price: $9
AS: “The Coconut Curry Chicken Penang is a newer dish as well and is a dish bursting with flavor and a little spicy. It’ll be your new favorite MoMo go-to!”
Busy Corner Cheese & Provisions
Busy Corner is known for their beautiful charcuterie boards, but did you know they also have beautiful sandwiches!?!? Oh, and they’re reeeeal tasty too. They are made fresh, and you can taste it.
- What to Order: The Oregon | Roast beef with an aioli made with Rogue Smoked Blue Cheese from Oregon. Pickled red onions, lettuce and tomato on sourdough.
- Price: $12
My love affair with Pho began while I was in college at Auburn University. There was one restaurant, Pho Lee, I basically lived in. It became my ‘comfort food’. So when I moved to Birmingham in January, I promptly found Pho Pho in Five Points. And when I started working at Forge above The Pizitz Food Hall, I knew I was in trouble. Just trust me on this one.
- What to Order: Beef Pho | Rice noodles topped with thinly sliced raw beef. Finished with a flurry of fresh herbs, like cilantro and basil, as well as crunchy bean sprouts, jalapeno slices, and lime.
- Price: $10
Spoon and Ladle
Spoon & Ladle is the food hall’s latest edition, and they’ve quickly established themselves as a top contender for ‘Food Hall Fav’ status. It’s funny, I actually had never tried their food before this story. And after trying the Gumbo—I’m beating myself up for not knowing about it sooner!? Who let me go this long without this bread bowl?!
- What to Order: Shrimp & Crab Gumbo Bread Bowl | Peppers, onions, tomatoes, homemade roux shrimp & crab.
- Price: $9 + $4.75 for the house salad with homemade dill pickle vinaigrette
Owner and Chef, Monty Todd: “Shrimp & Crab gumbo has been our biggest seller for Spoon & Ladle since the inception of the company, and that seems to be holding true here at The Pizitz.”
Eli’s Jerusalem Grill
This was only my second time at Eli’s, and my first trying falafel. Yeah, I’ve been missing out. There is so much flavor on this plate, and the colors are amazing. If you’re with friends and want to share something light, but filling, this is my recommendation.
- What to Order: Vegetarian Plate | Falafels, hummus/pita, couscous or rice
- Price: $10.25
Win a $100 Gift Card to the Pizitz Food Hall
That’s like 10 gumbo bread bowls from Spoon & Ladle or 14 orders of momos!? Keep an eye on our Instagram for the giveaway happening at noon today!
Think you’ll try something new at the food hall on your next visit? Have a favorite you want to share? Let us know on social @BhamNow or use #BhamNow!
Photos by Matthew Niblett for Bham Now