You don’t have to be a fitness expert to enjoy these yoga classes! Grab a friend, grab a mat, and grab… a beer? Keep reading to find 5 unique yoga classes you’re not going to want to miss.
Ditch the Boring Workout
Yoga is an ancient practice that had gained massive popularity in the western world. With that popularity has come variation upon variation—some a bit more unique than others!
One of my favorite things about yoga is how incredibly versatile it is. Yoga can help you build physical strength, increase mental clarity, get rid of stress, heal injuries, and more. Plus, with these classes, it’s a lot more fun than a boring old jog on the treadmill.
1. Goat. Yoga. 🧘🏼♂️
- Who: Goat Yoga Bham
- What: It’s yoga. But with goats. Sometimes baby goats. Need I say more?
- When: Find and register for a class here
- Where: 1441 Hwy 277, Helena, Alabama 35080
- How Much: $20
2. Hot Yoga 🔥
- Who: Kiva Hot Yoga
- What: Hot yoga is Kiva’s original offering, but they have a ton of different class types! Bonus reason to support: Kiva is Native American-owned!
- When: Check out their class schedule here
- Where: 300 Olde Towne Rd. Vestavia Hills, Alabama 35216
- How Much: Single classes are $25, but they offer an intro special for $29/month
3. Beer Yoga! 🍻
- Who: Good People Brewing Co.
- What: Beer yoga isn’t new to Birmingham, but this one is hosted directly at the source—a favorite Birmingham brewery, Good People!
- When: every Saturday at 11 am + every Tuesday at 6 pm
- Where: 114 14th St S, Birmingham, AL 35233
- How Much: $10 (includes a beer)
4. Yoga with a Mission 🌈
- Who: Yoga Unbound, hosted at Magic City Acceptance Center
- What: A yoga class for LGBTQ+ youth and young adults ages 13-24! This event is put on by Yoga Unbound, a local organization whose mission is this: “Promoting the health and wellbeing of LGBTQ+ and POC communities by providing accessible yoga classes rooted in social justice.”
- When: 6 pm | 3rd Tuesday of every month
- Where: 2500 4th Ave S, Birmingham, AL 35233
- How Much: FREE! (Donations accepted)
5. Aerial Yoga 🤸🏽♀️
- Who: Aero Joe Pilates
- What: Up, up, and away! This aerial yoga class has to be one of the most interesting workouts you can do.
- When: Aero Joe has many different class offerings, which you can check out here!
- Where: 2805 2nd Avenue South, Birmingham, AL, 35233
- How Much: $19 first aerial class
Where to Catch a Class
Note: This is only a fraction of the amazing yoga offerings in Birmingham! Leave us a note on this article or on social @BhamNow if you have any favorite, fun workouts you’d like to share!