Read Time 2 Minutes
Produced by Heisman Trophy winner Tim Tebow and filmed in Birmingham, “Run the Race” is about two brothers and their journey through sports and life. The faith-based film hit theatres Friday, February 22. Wondering what scenes you’ll recognize from the 2016 filming in Birmingham? Read on!
The film, which Tim Tebow co-produced with his brother Robby, is an inspirational sports tale about two brothers, their bond and the challenges they overcame within their family, sports and faith.
For Tim Tebow, who is also an inspirational speaker and known for extensive his charity work, producing a movie like this falls right in line with the rest of his accomplishments off the turf.
I wanted to be part of something that’s encouraging and inspirational to the viewer, I believe ‘Run The Race’ accomplishes this by showing two brothers struggling with real life, but getting through it by supporting each other and their faith. I hope those who see it can walk away with more faith, hope, and love.Tim Tebow, Executive Producer
Watch the trailer here:
Filming in Birmingham
Filming for the movie, which was based in a small southern town, took place in Birmingham in 2016. Scenes you’ll recognize from the area include Bessemer Academy’s football field, where most of the field scenes took and the grounds Birmingham-Southern College. The also filmed scenes at Homer Smiles Field in Leeds.
Stars in “Run the Race”
- Mykelti Williamson plays the boys’ coach. Recognized mostly from his role as Bubba in “Forrest Gump”. He also had a major role in the award-winning film “Fences.”
- Frances Fisher plays the role of their surrogate mother. She has a role in the 1997 blockbuster “Titanic.”
- Tanner Stine, who plays Zach, has played roles on NCIS and HBO’s Here & Now
- Evan Hofer as David, from Kickin’ It.
- The supporting cast includes Kristoffer Polaha, Mario Van Peebles and Heisman-winner Eddie George.
In addition to the Tebow brothers, e