Read Time 1 Minutes
The polls will be open in less than 24 hours for Alabama’s primary runoffs. Alabama’s Democratic and Republican parties are both holding runoffs tomorrow, to decide the winners from the June 5 primaries. 1. Yes, you can vote, even if you didn’t vote in the primaries.
2. Voting Polls Open At 7 a.m.
The polls will be open until 7 p.m. Need to know your polling station? This particular link is very helpful.
For a full list of the candidates from the primaries, check out this post.
3. No Crossover Voting
In 2017 the Alabama Legislature passed a law banning crossover voting. That means you can only vote in the Democratic runoff if you casted a Democratic vote in the primary. If you voted on the Republican primary ballot, you may only cast your vote for the Republicans in the runoff.
You gotta stick with your primary party. Enough said. If you did not vote in the primary, you can vote in whichever runoff you choose.
4. Sample Ballots
Here you go. Most runoffs are on the Republican side, but the Dems have some, too. Some statewide race highlights include:
- County Circuit Clerk
- County Commission District 1 and 2
- State Rep District 54
- District Court Judges
- Alabama Department of Agriculture and Industries Commissioner
- Appeals Court
- Associate Justice of the Supreme Court
- Attorney General
- Lieutenant governor
You’ll need to know your Alabama Senate district and your Alabama House district, especially you, Birmingham Dems. You’ll be voting on You can find your district and your state legislators here.
5. Bring Your ID
Alabama requires people to show photo ID before voting. This is what accepted:
- Valid Driver’s License
- Valid Non-driver ID
- Valid Alabama Photo Voter ID
- Valid State Issued ID (Alabama or any other state)
- Valid Federal Issued ID
- Valid US Passport
- Valid Employee ID from Federal Government, State of Alabama, County Government, Municipality, Board, Authority, or other entity of the state
- Valid student or employee ID from a college or university in the State of Alabama (including postgraduate technical or professional schools)
- Valid Military ID
- Valid Tribal ID