Are you good with keeping numbers in their place while keeping your wits about you? Do you know how to pivot a table, the Excel kind, not the dinner kind? Then you might be the right candidate for this rare opportunity at Vulcan Industries. See below.
Vulcan Industries, a division of EBSCO Industries, is one the largest suppliers of top-quality merchandising displays in the country. Headquartered in Moody, AL with offices across the US, Vulcan Industries proudly provides display solutions to a diverse customer base of retailers and brand marketers.
Currently Vulcan has a rare opening for a staff accountant at its’ HQ in Moody, Alabama. This person will join an existing staff of four and report into the Controller. Key responsibilities of the job include:
- Monthly reconciliation of asset and liability accounts
- Preparation of journal entries for general ledger
- Financial reporting
- Inventory valuations
- A/R collection
- Assisting with payroll.
- BS in accounting.
- 2 -4 years of professional accounting experience.
- 2-4 years of experience with MS Excel including using advanced features (pivot tables and formulas).
- Accounting experience in the manufacturing sector.
- Ability to read financial statements.
- Ability to write business letters, summaries and reports.
- Must be able to speak before an audience with poise, voice control, & confidence.
- Proficient with spreadsheet and word processing applications.
- Ability to operate general office equipment such as: Calculator, personal computer, telephone, copier, fax, CRT.
This job not right? Check out the rest on Bham Now.
Have jobs to post? Post on Bham Now.