Read Time 2 Minutes
Website EBSCO Industries
EBSCO Industries, headquartered in Birmingham Alabama, was founded by an entrepreneur who was passionate about honoring our commitments to our customers, rejecting the status quo, and seeking to continuously improve our team. We continue to operate that way today, with a passion for our people and our businesses succeeding together. EBSCO has a variety of businesses that are within 5 different industries including Information Services, Publishing, Manufacturing, Real Estate and Insurance Services. We hire passionate people, driven to grow, because we know the success of EBSCO depends on the long-term success of our businesses and our teams.
Interested in looking outside of public accounting? Ready to move your career into an exciting and challenging in-house role? If so, EBSCO Industries may be the place for you. We are currently seeking an experienced Corporate Accountant that is dynamic and driven with a growth mindset. This Accountant will be responsible for corporate accounting functions, assisting with preparation of annual budgets, assisting with month-end reporting, and auditing and analysis of EBSCO’s diverse array of businesses. The Staff Accountant reports to the Accounting Supervisor and will be based at EBSCO’s International Headquarters campus in Birmingham.
The selected candidate in this position will be responsible for various aspects of accounting functions at EBSCO’s International Headquarters and will interact closely with business units and accounting teams. This Accountant will be responsible for corporate accounting functions, assisting with preparation of annual budgets, assisting with month-end reporting, and auditing and analysis The environment will be fast paced and team oriented, with emphasis placed on review and analysis of both the balance sheet and income statement of various business units.
- Analysis, Auditing and Review of Business Unit financial statements
- Assisting Business Units during the Accounting close and budgeting process
- Maintaining and reviewing internal controls, ensuring accurate presentation of financial statements, and safeguarding company assets
- Assisting with special projects and analysis as needed
- Collaboration with international offices on accounting and statutory requirements
Skills & Qualifications:
- BS in Accounting, Masters in Accounting preferred.
- 3+ years professional accounting experience, preferably in public accounting
- 3+ years of proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- CMA, CPA, MAC
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail, highly organized and efficient
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with advanced Excel proficiency
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills with business acumen
- Ability to perform multiple aspects of accounting, multi-task, and meet deadlines
- Provide recommendations for improvements in all aspects of accounting
- Ability to perform both high level and detailed root cause analysis
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented with a strong comprehension of account relationships and reconciliations
- Experience in working with ERP Systems
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.
Nearest Major Market: Birmingham
Job Segment: ERP, Real Estate, Technology, Sales