There’s a new development in the works called The Edge that will bring food, drinks, retail and more to the Edgewood neighborhood. Popbar, a frozen dessert shop, and Baba Java Coffee will be joining the Homewood development. Keep reading to find out more.
What is the edge in Homewood?
The Edge will serve as a multi-functional gathering space for good times. Walkable from Edgewood and West Homewood, the space will have a family-friendly outdoor food hall with ample green space and entertainment for all ages.
You can expect:
- Delicious micro-restaurants where customers can pick up to go or take their food outdoors to eat at The Edge’s many outdoor seating areas.
- Office and retail space for local businesses to set up shop.
- Lots of green space so visitors can hang out with friends and family.
- A covered stage with amphitheater seating for live music and performances.
- Fun outdoor activities including a playground for kids, yard games for adults and a pickleball court.
Welcome Popbar + Baba Java to The Edge.
According to Harbert Realty Services, Popbar and Baba Java Coffee have plans to open up shop in the new development. They will be located with prime visibility along Green Springs Highway. The combined Baba Java and Popbar shop will be Popbar’s second Alabama location and Baba Java’s third location.
Popbar is known as a traditional Italian gelateria with a twist of modern dessert fun. The dessert company specializes in all-natural, handcrafted gelato on a stick. Their menu has 60+ flavors and offers vegan, gluten-free, nut-free and Kosher options.
Baba Java coffee is a local Birmingham Coffee company serving specialty coffee since it opened its doors in Hoover in 2019. They serve a variety of coffee and tea options in their Cafés. They also offer online subscription coffee services.
Become a tenant at The Edge.
The Edge is currently seeking tenants to be part of the development. To learn more about being a tenant at The Edge, reach out here.
What other businesses do you want to see open up shop in The Edge—tag us on social @bhamnow and let us know.