Elvis’ birthplace might be the most famous reason to visit Tupelo, Mississippi, but it isn’t the only one. Not so long ago, the Tupelo Convention and Visitors Bureau launched the new Tupelo Cocktail Trail and you have to check it out. Keep reading for all the details.
Know before you go: The Tupelo Cocktail Trail
- What: A fun way to try some tasty cocktails in Tupelo, Mississippi—just a two-hour drive from Birmingham
- Where: Seven local restaurants in the heart of downtown, all within walking distance
- When: Year-round
- Cost: Free to participate—you just pay for your cocktails + food
- Pick up your cocktail card at the Tupelo Visitors Center or at participating restaurants.
- There’s also a NEW digital passport on tupelo.net.
- Once you’ve completed all stops, redeem your card at the Tupelo Visitors Center for a free #MyTupelo cocktail shaker.
1. The Jordan River at Amsterdam Deli + Grill
- Cocktail: The Jordan River—Tito’s Vodka, champagne, lemon juice + simple syrup
- Location: Amsterdam Deli + Grill, 128B West Main Street, Tupelo, MS 38804
- Contact: 662.260.4423 | Facebook
While you’re there, check out their hummus, wings, burgers and more. If you’re lucky, you may catch some live music.
2. The Burnout at Downunder
- Cocktail: The Burnout—Bourbon, Grand Marnier, ginger syrup, lemon juice, smoke, ginger/grapefruit bitters + flamed orange
- Location: Downunder, 216 A West Main Street, Tupelo, MS 38804
- Contact: 662.269.2288 | Website | Facebook | Instagram
Check out their Australian-inspired pub grub, fun specials like the Hotter’n H*** cocktail or live music.
3. Tupelo Martini at Nautical Whimsey
- Cocktail: Tupelo Martini—Tequila, Triple sec, sweet + sour, blueberry syrup
- Location: Nautical Whimsey, 210 West Main Street, Tupelo, MS 38804
- Contact: 662.842.7171 | Facebook
Other things to look for: their all-you-can-eat lunch buffet on Fridays, their side patio or live music.
4. Lemon Ice Box Martini at Fairpark Grill
- Cocktail: Lemon Ice Box Pie Martini—Absolut Citron, white chocolate + fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- Location: Fairpark Grill, 343 East Main Street, Suite A, Tupelo, MS 38804
- Contact: 662.680.3201 | Website | Facebook | Instagram
They’ve also got chocolate martinis, lots of seafood dishes and a variety of amazing salads you can enjoy.
5. The Kennedy at The Grillehouse
- Cocktail: The Kennedy—Knob Creek Rye Bourbon, Plantation Dark Rum, orange bitters, dark brown sugar, simple syrup, St. Germaine + orange slice
- Location: The Grillehouse, 205 East Troy St, Tupelo, MS 38804
- Contact: 662.584.2950 | Website | Facebook | Instagram
Desserts, tobacco onion, fried mushrooms, steak or a flight of margaritas…all good reasons to stop by The Grillehouse.
6. The Daisy at Jobos
- Cocktail: The Daisy—Lunca Azul Tequila, Triple Sec, fresh-squeezed citrus juice with a Tajin + herb salt rim
- Location: Jobos, 314 East Main Street, Tupelo, MS 38804
- Contact: 662.362.6173 | Website | Facebook | Instagram
Bring your dog to hang out on the patio while you enjoy the seafood tower, brunch or the surfing-inspired good vibes.
7. Tupelo Honey at Park Heights
- Cocktail: Tupelo Honey—Honeysuckle Vodka, elderflower, fresh mint + lemon juice
- Location: Park Heights, 335 Main Street, Tupelo, MS 38804
- Contact: 662.842.5665 | Website | Facebook | Instagram
Head to Park Heights for fine dining, beautiful brunch or delectable desserts.
Looking for other things to do while you’re in Tupelo? We’ve got you covered.
Ready to make the two-hour drive for the Tupelo Cocktail Trail, good music, delicious food and more? Start planning your trip today.