Spring has sprung and we are more than eager to try these Birmingham breweries’ flavors just in time for the warm weather, and National Beer Day (April 7). If you’re looking for that perfect, refreshing drink to enjoy on a hot day—then you’ve come to the right place. We’re here to tell you all about these Magic City spring flavors on tap now.
1. Back Forty Beer Company
Back Forty Beer Company is known for its huge indoor and outdoor spaces and delicious drinks. Check out these two flavors we think are perfect for your Birmingham spring day.
- Puck Kettle Sour | 4.5% ABV | Notes of blackberry and raspberry.
- High Hazard | 9% ABV | Tropical IPA with coconut and pineapple.
2. Ghost Train
We got the scoop on these new flavors at Ghost Train and we are obsessed. Who doesn’t love a frozen cocktail?
- OhEmGee Raspberry Lemonade Seltzer | 5.9% ABV | Think raspberry soda water, but with vodka.
- Sun of a Beach | 5% ABV | Fresh pineapple and orange juice mixed with vodka to become the perfect frozen cocktail.
3. Cahaba Brewing
We can’t make a spring flavors guide to Birmingham breweries and not mention Cahaba Brewing. Come grab their limited edition flavors in the taproom now.
- Queen of Fools | 8.3% ABV | Tropical notes and a subtle bitterness.
- Gettin Fizzy Wit It | 4.4% ABV | Not your typical cranberry sour.
Uproot opened its doors earlier this year and we can’t get enough.
- Hazy DIPA | 8% ABV | Tropical and stone fruit notes, subtle bitterness + a sweet, juicy finish.
TrimTab is another Birmingham fav. They just introduced new fruity flavors that are claimed “tart, tropical and refreshing.” Three of our favorite words to describe our springtime drink orders.
- Berry Crumble | 5% ABV | Sour ale with blueberries, blackberries, raspberries and cinnamon crumbles. This flavor will be available on tap and in cans on Friday, April 7.
- Beach, please | 7.2% ABV | Tiki sour ale with guava and plum.
Hi-Wire is one of Birmingham’s coolest social spots. Come join the fun this spring and grab one of their citrus specialties.
- Juicy Juicy IPA | 6% ABV | Extra citrusy and tropical with strawberry notes.
- Pink lemonade session sour ale | 4.25% ABV | Expect grapefruit, tangerine and subtle melon flavors.
7. Avondale Brewing Co.
Another Birmingham classic with just about everything you could ask for in a brewery.
- Spring Street Saison | 7.2% ABV | Farmhouse Ale prominent with citrus and dried spices.
- Brunch Punch Shandy | 3.7% ABV | Low calorie, low carb, and full of tangerine goodness.
8. Monday Night Social Club
Monday Night is known for its social atmosphere and good vibes all around. With drinks for every mood and occasion, we know this is a perfect spot to sip on a refreshing, tropical drink with your best friends.
- Shoulda Been A Cowboy | 6% ABV | West Coast mix with hints of pineapple and citrus to wrangle you in.
- Come As You Are | 8% ABV | Made with real fruit puree from lime, guava, blood orange + tangerine.
9. Good People
You can’t go wrong with Good People—it’s in the name. We scoured the menu for the best feel-good drinks and here’s what we found:
- Pina Colada Lager | 5.5% ABV | Tropical notes of pineapple and coconut.
- Hitchhiker IPA | 7.8% ABV | Aromas of pineapple, grapefruit, orange and tangerine.
We hope these recommendations check all the boxes for you this spring, Birmingham.
Want more stories like this to sip on? Check these out:
- 5 Birmingham spots serving must-try frozen drinks this summer
- The Birmingham craft beer you should drink according to your astrological sign
- Your guide to 15 Birmingham breweries + what to order at each