The Summit has landed another “first of its kind in Alabama” restaurant.
Emmy Squared Pizza confirmed they are opening their inaugural Alabama location this spring in Birmingham at 214 Summit Blvd. 35243.
Earlier this week, the Birmingham City Council approved their liquor license by unanimous consent.
Detroit-style Pizza and More
Emmy is known for its Detroit-style, squared pizza and locally sourced ingredients.
They offer a “choose your own toppings” option and 19 different kinds of pizzas, including:
- Margherita – red sauce and basil
- Deluxe – red sauce, sausage, mushrooms and peppers
- Hot Chicken — a pizza with “Bama white sauce,” Nashville hot chicken and chopped pickles
- Roni Overload—red sauce with TRIPLE pepperoni
In addition to their pizza, the eatery offers a comprehensive menu:
- Award-winning burgers, like the double-stacked Le Big Matt
- Salads – notable items include the spinach & asparagus salad and a hot chicken wedge salad
- Appetizers ranging from cheesy garlic sticks to smoked trout dip
They also offer a killer brunch and drink menu.
20+ Locations Nationwide
At last count, Emmy Squared Pizza has 21 locations throughout the United States in New York City, Washington, DC, Nashville, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Louisville, and Charlotte.
It is great to see Birmingham and The Summit attract this very trendy restaurant with a cult-like following.
Are you excited about Emmy Squared Pizza coming to The Magic City? Tell us on social media by tagging us at @bhamnow