For the fifth year in a row, Orangetheory Fitness has partnered with the American Heart Association to raise awareness for the important role that cardiovascular fitness plays in lessening the risk of heart disease and adding years to your life. Keep reading to learn more about the importance of heart health and several upcoming events where you can get your heart pumping!
1. 2023 Birmingham Heart Walk — Saturday, March 11
Join thousands of walkers at the 2023 Birmingham Heart Walk at Railroad Park on Saturday, March 11! Free and open to the public, the Birmingham Heart Walk is a great way to boost your heart health and mental health—plus, your participation helps millions of others. So far, the Walk has raised $480,339 of their $620,000 goal, and every dollar funds research, advocacy, CPR training and other ways to promote better heart health.
- When: Saturday, March 11 | Festivities Begin – 8AM, Walk Begins – 9AM
- Where: Railroad Park 1600 1st Avenue South | Birmingham, AL 35233
- Register for the Birmingham Heart Walk here.
2. TumTum Tree Foundation Run — Sunday, March 19
On Sunday, March 19, Orangetheory Fitness will present the 2nd Annual TumTum Tree Foundation 10K, 5K and 1 Mile Fun Run! Held in Mountain Brook, the race will start and finish at the Emmet O’Neal Library in Crestline Village.
Proceeds from the run will benefit the TumTum Tree Foundation, a charity who’s mission is to enrich the lives of children in Alabama who face life-altering and life-threatening illnesses. Through their Wine Auction and other fundraising efforts, the TumTum Tree Foundation has donated over $16.2 million to Alabama children’s charities over the past 33 years.
- TumTum Tree Foundation 10K — 3PM to 4PM | Sign up here.
- TumTum Tree Foundation 5K — 3PM to 4PM | Sign up here.
- TumTum Tree Foundation 1 Mile Fun Run — 3:30PM to 4PM | Sign up here.
Each registration comes with a TumTum Tree Foundation T-Shirt, and strollers and pets are welcome in all races!
Following the race, runners and fans are invited to celebrate at the After Party from 3PM to 7PM! There will be live music, inflatables, face painting, local restaurants, bartenders, shops and more—fun for the whole family!
3. Join an Orangetheory Fitness class
According to the Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans, 150 minutes or more of moderate to vigorous activity per week can help reduce the risk of many chronic diseases and other adverse health outcomes. That means that completing just 3 Orangetheory Fitness classes each week completes this goal and can help contribute to a positive change in your physical and mental health.
Take your fitness to the next level at Orangetheory
Ready to get your heart pumping? Orangetheory operates five locations in the Birmingham area:
- Downtown Birmingham — 117 20th St S, Birmingham, AL 35233
- Hoover — 4441 Creekside Ave #141, Hoover, AL 35244
- Inverness — 210 Inverness Cors, Birmingham, AL 35242
- Trussville — 2050 Gadsden Hwy #124, Birmingham, AL 35235
- Vestavia Hills — 790 Montgomery Hwy #132, Vestavia Hills, AL 35216
How do YOU take care of your heart in Birmingham? Tag us @bhamnow to let us know!