Bham Now had the privilege to check out the newest, hippest sushi bar in town, Blue Sushi Sake Grill. From its bright, color design to mouth-watering sushi rolls and top-notch drinks, there aren’t many reasons to say no to a trip to Blue Sushi. Keep reading for insider tips and beautiful photos.
With over 50 different sushi rolls ranging from raw, cooked, vegan and gluten-free, there is something for everyone to enjoy at Blue Sushi Sake Grill. The best part about their fish and sushi? It is all sustainably sourced! This means they only buy from vendors they know are practicing sustainable fishing and not disturbing the ecosystem.
We tried some sushi rolls and starters—all receiving rave reviews.
- Crunchy Blue: spicy crab mix, cilantro, crispy panko, eel sauce—classic maki, not raw roll ($9)
- The Iguana: shrimp tempura, crab and tampico mix, serrano, eel, avocado, soy paper, cucumber wrap, ponzu and eel sauce—specialty maki, not raw roll ($14.50)
- Godzilla Bomb: tempura blue kani, bigeye tuna, yellowtail, togarashi, serrano, ponzu sauce, sriracha—specialty maki, raw roll ($15)
- Mango Crab Ragoon: crispy wonton wrappers stuffed with crab mix, mango, cream cheese and scallion. Served with mango and fresno pepper sauce ($9)
What’s better than sushi? Sushi and a fun drink. Whether you’re a fruit cocktail drinker (try the Coconut Breezy) or prefer a simple blend of liquor and ginger beer (get the Blue Sushi’s, Blue Mule), the drinks are both delicious and IG-worthy.
- Bluetini: housed infused blueberry vodka, Chambord, lime ($11)
- China Doll: Skyy blood orange vodka, jasmine tea, pomegranate, lime ($11)
- Coconut Breezy: Cruzan mango rum coconut, lime, hibiscus ginger ($11)
- Blue Mule: Tito’s vodka, house “blue” sour, ginger beer ($10)
Blue Sushi Sake Grill is full of thought and intricate murals and lettering with phrases like “peace”.
Blue Sushi Sake Grill has a friendly staff, fantastic meals, lovely drinks and a great atmosphere. Birmingham, check out the new restaurant now!
- Location: 238 Summit Blvd, Ste 100, Birmingham, AL 35243
- Hours: Monday-Thursday, 11AM-10PM | Friday, 11AM-11PM | Saturday, Noon-11PM | Sunday, Noon-9PM
- Website | Instagram | Facebook