Dynamic Discs Iron City has opened a new location in Trussville. Here’s what you should know about this popular disc golf shop and where to find it.
About the shop
Whether you’re an expert disc golf player or a newbie to the sport, Dynamic Discs Iron City is the place to shop for all your disc golf gear.
It’s owned by Ben Swam and Chris Pierce, two disc golf players who bring over 10 years of experience to the community.
Along with scoring first-hand knowledge on the sport during your visit to the store, you can also shop a full line of equipment including over 15 brands of disc golf discs, disc golf bags and more! You can also stop in and try out putters in the practice basket area.
On the fence about visiting in person? It can make all the difference for upping your disc golf game
“Shopping for disc golf equipment and accessories can be tough when you shop online because you can’t put your hands on things and see how they feel to you.”Ben Swam, Owner, Dynamic Discs Iron City
Located off North Chalkville Road in the Valley View Shopping Center, Trussville marks Dynamic Discs’ third storefront in the Greater Birmingham Area. Other locations include Homewood and Gardendale, with a fourth location in Calera planned for the end of this year.
If you’ve been paying attention, Trussville is in the midst of a boom with countless businesses setting up shop like Main Street Soles and Trussville Social. But what exactly drew Swam and Pierce to open a new location in Trussville?
“With so many courses in the area, it was an easy decision for us! It helps that everyone in Trussville has been so welcoming.”Ben Swam, Co-owner, Dynamic Discs-Trussville
Disc golf is also very popular in Trussville with weekly leagues and big tournaments held throughout the year.
A bit about disc golf
Wonder what disc golf is all about? Disc golf has been around for some time, but the Greater Birmingham Area saw a boom in the sport during the pandemic. Why? Because it’s a great solo and socially-distanced activity.
Just like golf, disc golf courses are made up of 9 to 18 holes with the object of the game being to complete each hole in the fewest number of throws.
But, while the rules of the game are similar to golf, there are some key differences:
- Instead of using a ball and clubs, players use flying discs similar to frisbees.
- Players aim for metal goal posts with loose metal chains that “catch” discs.
Want to play?
Once you grab your gear at Dynamic Discs, head to one of these disc golf courses in the Greater Birmingham Area:
- Clay Disc Golf Course: 7245 Old Springville Rd, Pinson, AL 35126
- George Ward Park Disc Golf Course: 1901 Greensprings Ave S, Birmingham, AL 35209
- Greg Carter Memorial Disc Golf Course (“Carter”): 4623 Riverbend Rd, Trussville, AL 351273
- Heritage Disc Golf Course: Cullman, AL 35055
- Inverness Disc Golf Park: Inverness Pkwy, Hoover, AL 352423
- John LeMaster Memorial Disc Golf Course, Civitan Park: Trussville, AL 3173
- Magnolia Links Disc Golf Course: 2101 Fieldstown Rd., Mt. Olive, AL 35117
- Oliver Park: 9758 AL-25, Calera, AL 35040
- Pinson Bicentennial Park: 4200 Oak St, Pinson, AL 35126
- University of Montevallo Disc Golf Course: 100 College Dr, Montevallo, AL 35115
- Veterans Park Disc Golf Course: 7305 Hwy 119, Alabaster, AL 35007
Address: 1110 N Chalkville Rd, STE 120, Trussville, AL 35173
Hours: Monday-Thursday, Noon-6PM | Friday-Saturday, 11AM-6PM
Website | Facebook | Instagram