This weekend is filled with extraordinary events, so prepare to be entertained and well-fed, because Birmingham Restaurant Week is here! But that’s not all. Read on for what else is ahead in Birmingham, July 22-24.
Birmingham Restaurant Week is happening NOW
- Why go? Birmingham Restaurant Week (BRW) is back, now-July 30, and we couldn’t be more ready! Eat your way through the city’s many participating restaurants + score great deals. Best of all—you’ll be supporting local.
- When: Now-Sunday, July 30
- Where: Participating restaurants
- Learn more about this beloved event.
- Sidewalk Film Festival is back, August 22-28. Don’t miss the lineup.
- Huntsville-bound this weekend? These 15 events await you.
You had us at hot chicken
Haven’t been to Hattie B’s Hot Chicken in Birmingham’s Lakeview neighborhood? With incredible fried chicken, show-stealing sides and beer for days, it’s THE place to grab a bite. Get your hot chicken grilled or fried in a range of heat levels. Keep it tame with Southern (no heat) or go crazy with Shut the Cluck Up (burn notice). Then, cool off with a scoop of ice cream or a float for dessert. Find Hattie B’s on 7th Ave South in Lakeview or order here for pickup or delivery.
5 Weekend Events in The Magic City
Why go? Expect a magical experience as you discover Cinderella in an all-new way in this clever retelling + contemporary take on the classic fairytale.
When: Friday, July 22-Wednesday, August 7 | Showtimes vary by date
Where: Red Mountain Theatre (Main Stage)
Why go? Jewelry shopping, 20% off never-before-seen merchandise + party perks—saying no is out of the question. The showcase kicks off Friday with a cocktail party from 5-7PM with live jazz, eats from Seasons 52 + summer cocktails and wraps up Sunday with boozy popsicles + a cotton candy machine.
When: Friday-Sunday, July 22-24 | Extended hours Friday-Saturday | Sunday, Noon-6PM
Where: Diamonds Direct
Cost: Free admission
Why go: Squeeze in more summer fun during this Backyard Bash. Enjoy music, food + beer, while supporting The Exceptional Foundation’s programs for adult + youth with intellectual disabilities.
When: Saturday, July 23 | Noon-5PM
Where: Avondale Brewing Company
Cost: $20 | Kids 12 + under – Free
Why go? You know you’ve always wished you’d be lucky enough to find a golden ticket + score a mysterious peek inside a chocolate factory. And let’s be honest—this movie is the closest you’ll actually get.
When: Sunday, July 24 | 2PM
Where: Alabama Theatre
Why go? Celebrate art, neurodiversity + community in Studio By The Tracks (SBTT) annual fundraiser. The auction features 200+ pieces of art by both SBTT artists + donating artists from around the world, raffle drawings, drinks + small bites.
When: Sunday, July 24 | 6PM
Where: The Fennec
Cost: General Admission – $75 | VIP – $150
For more happenings, visit our events calendar.
- Wine-O-Logy presented by Birmingham Restaurant Week
- Open House Public Workshop for Re-Vision Linn Park
- When: Tuesday, July 26 | Noon OR 5:30PM
- Where: Boutwell Auditorium
- Cost: Free
- The Black Jacket Symphony presents Guns N’ Roses Appetite for Destruction
Planning ahead? View 29 local events this August.