The beloved Birmingham tradition celebrating all that is wonderful in cinema has big news and we know all the details. Keep reading to learn about this year’s Sidewalk Film Festival lineup and two sneak peak events tonight and tomorrow night, July 19-20.
Two nights to get ready for this annual event
Join Sidewalk Film Festival tonight, July 19, and tomorrow night, July 20, for their sneak peak event. These two nights will include a showing of the trailers and free popcorn and Cahaba Brew Co. beer and wine.
- When: Tuesday and Wednesday, July 19-20 at 7PM
- Where: Sidewalk Film Center and Cinema, 1821 2nd Avenue North Birmingham, AL 35203
- Who: Sponsores, members, donors and board members of the Sidewalk Film Festival
- Tickets: Reserve tickets online | Limited to two per person
This year’s incredible lineup
Are you curious about what movies will be played at this year’s Sidewalk Film Festival? Here are the movies and directors that we know of so far:
- “Mija” | Isabel Castro
- “The Automat” | Lisa Hurwitz
- “A Walk With Joey” | Dana Lynn Falletta and J. Neil Bloomer
- “The Sun Rises in the East” | Tayo Giwa
- “The Thief Collector” | Allison Otto
- “Peace in the Valley” | Tyler Riggs
- “Funny Pages” | Owen Kline
- “The Integrity of Joseph Chambers” | Robert Machoian
- “Good Girl Jane” | Sarah Elizabeth Mintz
- “God’s Creatures” | Saela Davis & Anna Rose Holmer
- “Jasmine” | Jo Rochelle
- “Pretty Problems” | Kestrin Pantera
- “Three Minutes—A Lengthening” | Bianca Stigter
- “Body Parts” | Kristy Guevara-Flanagan
- “Billion Dollar Babies: The True Story of the Cabbage Patch Kids” | Andrew Jenks
- “All Man: The International Male Story” | Bryan Darling & Jesse Finley Reed
- “Cat Daddies” | Mye Hoang
Hold on, there are more exciting announcements coming soon. We already know many of the classic films, short films and documentaries that we can snack on popcorn to, but there’ll be more announced this Thursday, July 21.
Birmingham, mark your calendars for Sidewalk Film Festival
No matter if you’re a movie buff or just like to watch a good film, Sidewalk Film Festival is a Birmingham end-of-the-summer tradition that you don’t want to miss. This celebration of cinema is an interactive experience that allows movie enthusiasts to watch films and attend roundtables and panels.
- Dates: Monday, August 22-Sunday, August 28
- Location: Downtown Birmingham’s Historic Theatre District
- Tickets: Buy tickets and passes online
- Website | Facebook | Instagram