Sidewalk Film’s 23rd annual festival starts today and the box office is officially open. With multiple theatre locations and tons of movies in store, this week-long event is the place to be. Here is everything you need to know to partake in all the fun.
1. Stop by the box office
Tickets and passes can be purchased at the central box office in The Pizitz building on the corner of 2nd Avenue North and 19th Street North.
It will be open Monday-Thursday 11AM-7PM, Friday 11AM-9PM, and Saturday-Sunday 9AM-9PM.
Two satellite box offices will be available this weekend at the Alabama Theatre and Alabama School of Fine Arts. The Alabama Theatre will open on Friday, August 27th from 5-8PM, while both locations will be open Saturday 10AM-10PM and Sunday 10AM-8PM.
Tickets and VIP passes
Sidewalk Film Festival has several tickets and passes available including:
- VIP passes
- If you ordered multiple VIP passes and did not provide a name for each pass, you must provide them at the Box Office
- Weekend passes
- Can be picked up from the central box office and the Alabama Theatre on Friday at 5PM
- Day passes
- Can be picked up from the central box office and both satellite locations on Saturday and Sunday
- And premium single tickets
- Including Alabama Filmmaker Spotlight, Life and Liberty Spotlight and Black Lens Spotlight must be printed out before arrival
Sidewalk Film will be showing films at multiple locations including:
- Sidewalk Cinema
- Alabama Theatre
- The Lyric Theatre
- First Church Birmingham
- Alabama School of Fine Arts (Dorothy Jemison Day Theater, Recital Hall and Lecture Hall)
- Steiner Auditorium at the Birmingham Museum of Art
- Boutwell Auditorium
3. How to stay safe at Sidewalk
Due to an increase in COVID case numbers and lack of hospital beds in the state, all attendees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide a negative COVID-19—taken 48 hrs before entry.
If you’re vaccinated, please provide proof of vaccination card.