It’s summertime, the time of our lives…and watermelon! Keep reading if you’re looking for a drink to sip the summer heat away or simply want a juicy melon dish. We have located seven of the juiciest watermelon dishes and drinks in Birmingham.
1. Watermelon Marg—Taco Mama
The iconic marg you all have been waiting for is in season. Head over to any Taco Mama with your lunch buddies for a watermelon margarita. There’s even a fun little chunk in there for you.
2. Watermelon Pop—Steel City Pops
Nothing fits the summer season better than watermelon and popsicles. At Steel City Pops, they’re big brained because they married the two. Who doesn’t love a fruity, cold and melon-y treat?
- Location: 329 Summit Blvd, Birmingham, AL 35243
- Hours: Monday-Saturday Noon-9PM | Sunday Noon-8PM
- Website | Facebook | Instagram
3. Watermelon Peach Ring—Magic City Nutrition
Nestled in the center of The Battery, sip on the watermelon peach ring drink from Magic City Nutrition. A perfect option for the watermelon lover on the go!
- Location: 2201 2nd Ave S, Birmingham, AL 35233
- Hours: Monday-Friday 7AM-3PM | Saturday 9AM-2PM
- Facebook | Instagram
4. Summer salad—Real & Rosemary
Looking for something as refreshing as dipping into a cool pool? Try the summer salad at Real & Rosemary, a spring mix salad topped with watermelon, local peaches, heirloom tomatoes, feta, pecans and lemon vinaigrette.
5. Warm Pistachio Crusted Goat Cheese—Gianmarco’s
Goat cheese pairs nicely with watermelon—I know cause Remy the Rat told me. Although the pro chef from Ratatouille isn’t working in the kitchen of Gianmarco’s, they have mastered the art of antipasti. Try their warm pistachio-crusted goat cheese on a salad with watermelon and balsamic.
- Location: 721 Broadway St, Birmingham, AL 35209
- Hours: Monday-Tuesday + Saturday 5-10PM | Wednesday-Friday 11AM-2PM; 5-10PM
- Website| Facebook | Instagram
6. Refresh—Farm Bowl + Juice
Farm Bowl keeps it juicy juicy. When you’re walking downtown Homewood, try their refreshing Refresh, a juice made from watermelon and beets. Be sure to call ahead to make sure it’s in stock.
- Location: 1920 29th Ave S, Homewood, AL 35209
- Hours: Monday-Friday 7AM-7PM | Saturday-Sunday 8AM-7PM
- Website | Instagram
7. The Pig
Looking for locally grown watermelon? Try shopping at Piggly Wiggly where you can find local market foods at the grocery store. Their watermelon is fresh and perfect for an afternoon picnic.
What’s one of your favorite watermelon dishes?
To never miss a thing in the Magic City, check out our Facebook and Instagram.