When it comes to food, drinks and entertainment, there’s always new something to experience in Uptown. Keep reading for everything you need to know about a day out in Birmingham’s premier entertainment district!
Santos Coffee & Bar Uptown
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so it’s important to make sure you get a good one! Luckily, Santos Coffee & Bar Uptown is your one-stop-shop for all your early-morning needs.
Known for their Guatemala-sourced coffee beans, the Santos Coffee menu includes breakfast croissants, bagels and sandwiches for lunch.
- Santos Coffee & Bar Uptown: 205.538.5759 | Website | Facebook | Instagram
- Address: 2221 Richard Arrington Jr Blvd N, Suit B, Birmingham, AL 35203
Looking for some entertainment? Practice your golf game in TopGolf’s fun and relaxing atmosphere! TopGolf is a great way to enjoy time with friends, great food & drink—all while leveling up your skills.
One of the newest restaurants to hit Uptown, Uptown Cantina’s Fresh-Mex cuisine has quickly made the restaurant a fan-favorite. Bring your “taco team” to enjoy tacos, tequila, tunes and more!
- Uptown Cantina: 205.598.8292 | Website | Facebook | Instagram
- Address: 2301 Richard Arrington Jr Blvd N Unit 200, Birmingham, AL 35203
Eugene’s Hot Chicken
Did you know that Uptown is home to the original brick & mortar home of Eugene’s Hot Chicken? Opened in 2018, Eugene’s Uptown location is a popular stop for visitors in search of authentic Nashville Hot Chicken. Owner Zebbie Carney recommends the Hot Chicken Tenders with fried pickle okra, mac and cheese or collard greens on the side!
- Eugene’s Hot Chicken: 205.322.7555 | Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
- Address: 2268 9th Avenue North, Birmingham, AL 35203
In the mood for a custom pizza made just the way you like it? Look no further than Your Pie. One of the first fast casual pizza franchises, Your Pie offers custom pizzas hand-crafted with fresh ingredients and baked in brick ovens to for the crisp flavor you are looking for.
- Your Pie: 205.202.5598 | Website | Facebook | Instagram
- Address: 2311 Richard Arrington Jr Blvd N, Birmingham, AL 35203
Dinner & Drinks
Mugshots Grill & Bar
Looking for a casual dining experience offering American favorites like burgers, Philly cheesesteaks, French fries and more? Look no further than Mugshots! This classic restaurant has been open in Uptown since 2014.
- Mugshots Grill & Bar: Website | Facebook | Instagram
- Address: 2311 Richard Arrington Jr Blvd N #100, Birmingham, AL 35203
The Southern Kitchen & Bar
With its charming & chic atmosphere, The Southern Kitchen & Bar is a local favorite for great food and drinks, including local draft beer, wine and craft cocktails. Plus, you’ll get an unbeatable view of Protective Stadium from The Southern’s rooftop patio!
- The Southern Kitchen & Bar: 205.278.7270 | Website | Facebook | Instagram
- Address: 2301 Richard Arrington Jr Blvd N #300, Birmingham, AL 35203
Texas de Brazil
At Texas de Brazil, you can have an authentic Brazilian Steakhouse experience like no other. Treat yourself to a wide variety of roasted vegges, imported cheese, house-baked bread and—of course—sizzling, mouthwatering steak dishes.
- Texas de Brazil: (205) 588-8333 | Website | Facebook | Instagram
- Address: 2301 Richard Arrington Jr Blvd N, Birmingham, AL 35203
Todd English P.U.B.
Todd English P.U.B. is the place to enjoy a mix of traditional American comfort foods in the ultimate Public Urban Bar (P.U.B.) experience. Owned by Celebrity Chef and four-time James Beard Award Winner Todd English, this restaurant offers Todd English’s spin on beloved meals as well as hundreds of drink options.
- Todd English P.U.B.: 205.307.3700 | Website | Facebook
- Address: 2221 Richard Arlington Jr. Blvd. North, Birmingham, AL 35203
K&J’s Elegant Pastries
One of the more recent openings in Uptown, K&J’s Elegant Pastries is a favorite of all of the sweet tooths in Birmingham. This locally-owned bakery is the brainchild of Birmingham native Kristal Bryant and serves up delectable deserts all week long.
- K&J’s Elegant Pastries: 205.663.4827 | Website | Facebook | Instagram
- Address: 2260 9th Ave. North, Birmingham, AL 35203
The heart of Uptown, the Birmingham-Jefferson Convention Complex is The Magic City’s one-stop-shop for sports, conventions, concerts and other forms of entertainment. Click here to learn about upcoming events at The BJCC.
- BJCC: 205.458.8400 | Website | Facebook | Instagram
- Address: 1 Richard Arrington Jr Blvd N, Birmingham, AL 35203
Located at the BJCC, Legacy Arena recently reopened after a $125M renovation. With its fresh, modern design, Legacy Arena is the place to see professional basketball with the Birmingham Squadron and amazing concerts year-round.
Protective Stadium is Birmingham’s multi-purpose stadium, home to the USFL, UAB Blazers, Birmingham Legion FC, the TicketSmarter Birmingham Bowl and—of course—a premier site for The World Games 2022. Click here to learn more about upcoming events at Protective Stadium.
- Protective Stadium: 205.458.8400 | Website | Facebook | Instagram
- Address: 1020 24th St N, Birmingham, AL 35203
Uptown Jazz—a new music venue owned by two Birmingham natives—is coming soon to Uptown! Once open, this upscale lounge plans to host live jazz from both local and national performers.
- Address: 2250 B 9th Avenue North, Birmingham AL 35203
What does your perfect day in Uptown look like? Tag us @bhamnow to let us know!