The annual Alzheimer’s Association Walk to End Alzheimer’s comes to Birmingham on Sunday, October 30 and you’ll want to be a part of it! Keep reading to meet the 2022 Executive Leadership Team and learn how you can help bring awareness to the community.
About the Walk to End Alzheimer’s
Held annually in more than 600 communities nationwide, the Alzheimer’s Association Walk to End Alzheimer’s® is the world’s largest fundraiser for Alzheimer’s care, support and research. The annual Heart of Alabama Walk in Birmingham is the largest event for our state.
This inspiring event calls on participants of all ages and abilities to join the fight against the disease!
- When: Sunday, October 30, 2022
- Where: Sloss Furnaces
- Time: 1PM: Registration, 2PM: Ceremony
- Cost: While there is no fee to register for the Walk, participants are encouraged to raise funds for the Alzheimer’s Association
Executive Leadership Team
This year, the first-ever Executive Leadership Team was created, made up of nominees in Birmingham who are active members in their communities and part of companies that want to make a difference by partnering with the Alzheimer’s Association. The nominees will participate in a philanthropic competition benefitting the Heart of Alabama Walk to End Alzheimer’s.
What will the Executive Leadership Team do?
- Participate in the fundraising competition
- Fundraising dollars will come from:
- Committing their company as a top sponsor and fundraising team
- Securing other corporate sponsors and fundraising team
- Committing to a personal fundraising goal of $2500+
- nine month commitment
- The top fundraiser will be named the Walk Champion of the Year for 2022 Walk Season!
Meet the team!
- John Mark Goodman – Bradley Arant
- Josh Snable – Snable, Stevenson, and Silvia LLC
- Ashley Mosko – Blue Cross Blue Shield Alabama
- Harrison Adams – Surgical Care Affiliates
- Kristy Mosilino – Wishes Travel
“The members of the Executive Leadership Team are well connected in the community and work for businesses that want to partner with the Alzheimer’s Association to help make the 2022 Birmingham Walk to End Alzheimer’s a success by helping us hit fundraising and sponsorship goals. I am excited to see what this team is going to accomplish this year!”Michelle Lorino, Executive Leadership Team Advisory Board, Walk to End Alzheimer’s Fundraiser
Making a difference
An estimated 55 million people worldwide are living with dementia. In the U.S., over six million have Alzheimer’s and over 11 million are providing unpaid care. The Alzheimer’s Association and events like the Walk support those who face dementia every day, while advancing research toward methods of treatment, prevention and one day, a cure.
The Association is excited to see the work this year’s passionate team will do as they fight to end Alzheimer’s.
“We have some amazing corporate individuals participating in our first ever Executive Leadership Team for the Birmingham Walk to End Alzheimer’s. Each of them have a passion to make a difference and I’m really excited to have them be a part of the Alzheimer’s Association as well as to be a part of this joint fight to end Alzheimer’s—so that one day we will see the first survivor.”Kimberly Stephens, Executive Leadership Team Advisory Board, Walk to End Alzheimer’s Fundraiser