Guess who’s back? Back again? After two years, MAKEbhm’s classes have opened again for enrollment. Keep reading to learn about which classes you can take.
MAKEbhm classes are up + runnin’
Avondale is famous for its breweries, bars, eat and more. But did you know that the area is home to a creative collaborative space called MAKEbhm?
MAKEbhm provides access to equipment and coworking studios for local artists and businesses. Recently Quake, a plus-size resale clothing shop, opened a studio at MAKE, adding to the myriad of makers stationed there.
- Location: 3501 1st Ave S, Birmingham, AL 35222
We’re excited to see them opening their studio classes back up after a wild two years. As of right now, they are slowly getting back on track by adding consistent classes to their calendar.
Enrollment opens on April 5th at 11AM at makebhm.com/enroll. Let’s take a look at the fun classes you can take, Birmingham.
Classes you don’t want to miss
Exploring your creativity doesn’t have to be limited to one hobby. Take a look at what classes MAKEbhm has to offer, plus when they are taught.
If you see something you want to do but it doesn’t align with your schedule, don’t worry, this is just the first round of courses. There will be more to come.
- Intro to Ceramics—Learn the basics of creating ceramic pieces over a four-week course. You’ll learn all about throwing clay on the wheel, trimming and glazing unique ceramics. They also offer a more basic three-week course.
- (Throwing) Mondays, April 11-May 2 | 6-8PM
- (Throwing) Tuesdays, April 12-May 3 | 6-8PM
- Intro to Screen Printing—Try this workshop for a casual intro to the processes of silkscreen for printing. They’ll give you a brief look at how screens are created, how to select and mix inks and how to make a smooth print onto paper and fabrics.
- (Printing) Thursdays, April 14 | 6-8PM
- (Handbuilding) Saturdays, April 16-April 30 | 10AM-noon
- (Two color) Thursday, April 28 | 6-9PM
- Intro to Stained Glass—Take this five-week class by Rhandie Weaver, of Blue Dragon Glass, who will teach you the basics of stained glass. By the end of this program, you’ll become a mini-pro at cutting, grinding, and framing stained glass.
- Wednesdays, May 11-June 8 | 6:30-8:30PM
Learn more about MAKEbhm: Behind the scenes of the new M2 development, the sequel to MAKEbhm.
Excited to see more creative courses coming to the Magic City? Be the first in the know by signing up for our FREE newsletter.