Can’t decide between living in a city or suburb? Then Inverness may be your best bet. Read on for an inside look into the area and the many reasons you’ll love to live there. Know you want to make Inverness your home? Reach out to Caliber Home Loans and make it happen.
So, where exactly is it?
It can be broken into two sections. Most of Inverness is located within Hoover’s city limits, while some portions fall into unincorporated Shelby County. Two good points of reference are Highway 280, which runs through it, and the major intersection at Valleydale Road.
Why you should live in Inverness
Now that you have the gist of where Inverness is located, it’s time to discover the many reasons you’ll love to live there. Here are our top five:
1. Nice homes & neighborhoods
With its prime location and nice homes, it’s no wonder Inverness is a top choice for many home buyers. It was definitely on my list of places to live when hunting for my first home.
To find out more about the selection of homes and neighborhoods available in Inverness, I reached out to Margie Beth Shaw, Realtor and Owner of the MB Group with Keller Williams. Here’s what she had to say:
“A majority of homes in Inverness range from the 1970s-1980s, when Inverness was a distant suburb of Birmingham, surrounded by woods, farms and fields. Since that time, Inverness has grown even more with townhomes, beautiful million dollar homes on the hidden Lake Heather and new neighborhoods like Kirkman Preserve.
It is very common in Inverness to purchase a home from the original or second property owner. Many young people now move into the area, bringing a fresh perspective with trendy new curb appeal and home renovations, block parties and great additions like the new Inverness Parkway sidewalk and walking path!”Margie Beth Shaw, Realtor/Owner, MB Group – Keller Williams
2. Good food
One thing’s for certain—when you live in Inverness, you’ll never go hungry. Here you’ll find an endless list of places to dine, from barbecue and burgers to Mexican and Asian cuisine.
Here are some restaurants to have on your radar:
- Casa Fiesta: 110 Inverness Plaza, Birmingham, AL 35242 | Website | Facebook
- Dreamland Bar-B-Que: 101 Inverness Cors, Birmingham, AL 35242 | Website | Facebook | Instagram
- Ginza Sushi: 5291 Valleydale Rd Suite 101, Birmingham, AL 35242 | Website | Facebook | Instagram
- Metro Diner: 180 Inverness Plaza, Birmingham, AL 35242 | Website | Facebook | Instagram
3. Shopping & pampering
Shopping and pampering—who could say no? In Inverness, you can do both.
For an exciting place to shop, I suggest a visit to Brass Bear Antiques. Along with offering a broad range of items, this antique shop is full of fun and unique finds from furniture and glassware to old relics and funky knickknacks.
Now onto the pampering. Inverness is home to a lengthy list of salons and spas for everyone to enjoy. Here are just a few:
- Jay Nail Spa: Inverness Village, 4700 US-280, Ste # 7, Birmingham, AL 35242 | Website | Facebook
- Maven Hair Company: 1001 Beaumont Ave, Ste #103, Birmingham, AL 35242 | Website | Facebook | Instagram
- Solo Man Spa: 710 Inverness Cors Studio 18, Birmingham, AL 35242 | Website | Facebook
- Thairapy Salon: 145 Inverness Plaza, Birmingham, AL 35242 | Website | Facebook | Instagram
- The Male Room: 620 Inverness Cors, Birmingham, AL 35242 | Website | Facebook
Don’t forget! If you live on the Highway 280 side of Inverness, you’re just down the road from the many shops at The Summit.
4. Parks & outdoor activities
If you enjoy lovely views and being outdoors, look no further than Inverness. The area is filled with parks and outdoor activities for all.
“The Inverness community is very diverse, friendly, accepting of all and has many amenities to be enjoyed by all ages! It has its own elementary school, country club, parks like Veterans Park, which is used for so many community events and the Inverness Nature Park & Trails where you will also find the popular Disc Golf Course and even an archery park.
As I say in my own business, impressions matter, and Inverness continues to grow, evolve and blossom into a beautiful community and great place to live!”Margie Beth Shaw, Realtor/Owner, MB Group – Keller Williams
The coolest thing to know, though, is the upcoming Inverness Greenway. Expected to open in Spring 2022, it’s a new and expanded trail system that will include 750 acres of land. It will link Veterans Park on Valleydale Road with a 77-acre nature park in Inverness. Created for residents and visitors of Shelby County, the new Greenway will be an incredible place to escape in nature.
More places to know about include:
- Heardmont Park: 5458 Cahaba Valley Rd, Birmingham, AL 35242
- Inverness Fire Station Park: 100 Inverness Pkwy, Birmingham, AL 35242
- Lake Heather: Lake Heather Dr, Hoover, AL 35242
- Spain Park: 4700 Jaguar Dr, Birmingham, AL 35242
- Veterans Park: 800 Valleydale Rd, Meadowbrook, AL 35242
5. Fun for all
You don’t have to go outdoors for fun things to do. Two things kids and adults alike can’t get enough of in Inverness include:
- High Point Rock Climbing Gym: 4766 US-280, Birmingham, AL 35242 | Website | Facebook | Instagram
- Master Scarsella’s World Class Tae Kwon Do: 268 Inverness Center Dr, Birmingham, AL 35242 | Website | Facebook | Instagram