Reviewed by: Patience Itson
Back in August 2020, we reported that luxury apartments were in the works for the area around the old AT&T Operations Center, down the hill and across the street from The Summit. We’re excited to share that Tributary Rise is now open and first move-ins are taking place. We’ve got the scoop on five amenities that will make you want this community to be your next home.
To find out more, I talked with Molly Walworth and Brenda Rivera—they both work in marketing with RangeWaterReal Estate. Molly’s been working on the Tributary Rise project since the very beginning. When she shared that local staff are moving in, I was intrigued. Brenda came over from Atlanta to show us around. Here’s what I learned.
Location, location, location
Tributary Rise is a stone’s throw from The Summit and minutes from downtown, Grandview and most any other place you’d like to go in the Greater Birmingham Area. That means if you live there, almost everywhere is a short drive from your front door.
When the Atlanta-based Novare Group won the bid on the property, they purchased over 100 acres just off Highway 280, near I-459. The first order of business was to tap into the natural hiking systems by blazing trails and developing the lake for residential use.
“They saw that this property has such unique outdoorsy offerings that you wouldn’t typically find in a garden-style place or downtown in a more urban setting. Tributary Rise is a perfect mix of both. You’re super close to the city and you have all the outdoor offerings so you don’t even have to leave if you don’t want to.”Molly Walworth
Tributary Rise’s top 5 amenities—the things that will make you want to live there
- The Cove is a seven-acre lake at the heart of the community, where you can rent a kayak or paddleboard. It’s named after the little island in the middle, where you can often see Canada Geese and Great Blue Herons.
- Three miles of hiking trails cross the property, providing the perfect way to start or end your day. With one encircling the lake and another stretching around the entire property, you’ll have plenty of options for your daily walk or run.
- A massive indoor-outdoor concept gym, with a yoga and spin studio attached, has garage doors that open up to a green space outside and regularly-scheduled classes.
- While the mezzanine-level coworking lounge provides a private work space, you can still look out over the clubhouse and see all the action. Plus, there’s a coffee bar next door.
- In the courtyard beside the parking deck and beside the resort-style pool, you’ll find grilling stations waiting for you to cook out.
Currently, all amenities are included in the price of rent.
Tributary Rise offers a variety of floor plans to fit your lifestyle
Adventurers and explorers of all ages, including young professionals, families and retirees, are attracted to the community, which offers the following:
- Studio apartments, starting at $1490
- One-bedroom apartments, $1500-1735
- Two-bedrooms, $1990-2470
- Three-bedrooms, starting at $2795
With multiple floor plans across the entire property, the price depends on a number of factors, including the square footage, where the unit is located in the building and which direction it faces. They’ve affectionately dubbed one lake-facing section “Park Avenue,” because of its great views.
When we looked around the property, it really was a sight to behold. The lake and the nature trails alone make it an inviting spot, and when you go inside the beautiful apartments with high-end finishes, great living spaces and outdoor balconies, it gets even better.