When it’s time to find a childcare center/preschool, you want it to provide your little one with education, safety and lots of happiness. One that offers it all is C.A.S.A. at Asbury United Methodist Church. Here’s a look at why kids and parents love it, plus how to enroll today.
C.A.S.A. (Children Are Special at Asbury) is a Mother’s Day Out, Preschool and Pre-K program located in Shelby County that’s designed for children ages two months to five years.
As an extension of ministry of Asbury United Methodist Church, each child enrolled at C.A.S.A. receives love and care from experienced professionals who put God and His Children first.
“What stands out most to me about C.A.S.A. is the teachers! They are amazing! I truly believe that they are each there because they feel called to invest in the children and foster a love for Jesus in them. The faith-based environment that they provide produces such sweet children who offer so much to their communities. They are such wonderful examples for their students.”Maggie Edwards, C.A.S.A. parent
The curriculum focuses on love + learning
When you think of daycare and preschool, you probably think of coloring and nap time. But C.A.S.A offers so much more. Though, as an adult, I sure am envious of designated nap time.
C.A.S.A.’s curriculum includes all core elements your preschooler needs to jumpstart their education, like pre-reading and pre-math skills, social development and self-esteem promotion.
But, that’s not all. Along with each classroom’s curriculum, C.A.S.A. offers six enrichment classes that help children broaden their horizons and discover new interests.
Here’s a look at what bonus classes your C.A.S.A. kid will learn when enrolled in the program:
- Bible & Missions: All children discover the love of God through stories, crafts, games and songs, plus engage in hands-on mission work.
- Computer: Ages 3-K5 learn computer skills to enhance fine motor skills, along with problem-solving, letter and number recognition and cognitive reasoning.
- Movement: In addition to recess, all students participate in Movement where teachers incorporate yoga poses with the letter of the week while practicing meditation and breathing techniques. Kids play games, have relay races and use gross motor skills to run, hop, march, balance and MOVE!
- Music: All children have the chance to express themselves through singing, dancing and instruments. They even show off their skills on stage during special concerts throughout the year.
- Spanish: Ages 4-5 learn basic Spanish words and phrases.
- Science: Ages 3-5K discover basic science concepts through demonstrations and hands-on activities.
Impressed by what your kiddo will learn and discover at C.A.S.A? Find rates and enrollment info here.
Early care & after care options are available
Life can’t always fit into confined time frames, but C.A.S.A. makes things a bit easier with Early and After Care.
- Early Care: available 5 days a week | 8-9:30AM
- After Care: available 5 days a week | 1:30-3:30PM
Bonus: C.A.S.A. also offers drop-in care, which is great in situations when you find yourself in need of last-minute (less than 24 hours notice) childcare.
Email email@example.com for more info + to sign up.
Your child can participate in after-school activities
Is your kiddo a mover and shaker? C.A.S.A. offers after-school activities that are great for enhancing social skills and getting those wiggles out.
The best part—all after-school activities take place at school, which means no extra pickups and driving required. As a parent, this is a huge time-saving win!
Here’s the list of activities your C.A.S.A. kid can participate in:
Gymnastics with Head Over Heels
- When: Mondays or Thursdays | 1:30PM
- Age: 3+
- When: Tuesdays | 1:30PM
- Age: 2
Golf & Tennis with Aces & Birdies
- When: Mondays + Thursdays | 1:30PM
- Age: Potty-trained-6 years old
Dance with Dance South Studio
- When: Tuesdays or Wednesdays | 1:30-2:30PM
- Age: 3+
Soccer with Soccer Shots
- When: Tuesdays + Wednesdays | 1:30PM
- Age: 3+
To enroll in an after-school activity, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you ready to register your little student at C.A.S.A? Enrollment is open now!
Visit: 6690 Cahaba Valley Rd, Birmingham, AL 35242
Planning ahead for summer?
C.A.S.A. offers a summer program, too! Open to babies and kids up to 6th grade, it offers all sorts of great programs your kiddos will enjoy.
Enrollment’s not open just yet, so be sure to check in regularly to C.A.S.A.’s website for updates on when to sign up.
To learn more about C.A.S.A. at Asbury United Methodist Church, visit their website and follow them on Facebook.
For more about the ministry behind C.A.S.A, hop over to Asbury United Methodist Church’s website and follow them on Facebook and Instagram.