Love Chick-fil-A? Who doesn’t?! But there’s more than incredible waffle fries and happy cows because you decided to “eat mor chikin”—it’s also an awesome place to work. We spoke with Rodney Jackson, owner of Chick-fil-A at Wildwood Centre in Homewood and Vestavia Hills to find out why he’s worked with the company for over 30 years, plus get the 411 on open jobs you can apply for now.
Meet Rodney Jackson, Chick-fil-A franchisee in Homewood + Vestavia Hills
Rodney’s worked with the company for 30+ years. He got his start as a team member at age 16 when his dad opened Alabama’s very first Chick-fil-A at Brookwood Village in 1974.
After leaving for a time to go to college and study engineering, get married and have kids, he came back to Chick-fil-A in 1983 as a franchisee, opening a location in Homewood and in Vestavia Hills.
“Chick-fil-A as a company has great values. We care about the people who work for us. We care about the people who come in and have lunch with us. And we believe in valuing people and serving others.”Rodney Jackson, franchisee, Chick-fil-A
Are you a Chick-fil-A employee match?
Along with amazing food, Chick-fil-A is known for its organized and speedy service—all things that keep many of us going back for more. And it’s all thanks to team members who are up to the task.
So, who is the ideal Chick-fil-A employee?
“We try to find people who have the same values as Chick-fil-A. It’s okay to be firm, but you need to be kind, caring and attentive. Employees also need to be thorough so they’re prepared to do the work they need to do.”Rodney Jackson, franchisee, Chick-fil-A
Think Chick-fil-A is a job for teens only? No way!
“We had someone retire at age 82. If someone is able-bodied and can come in and do the work we do, we have people of all ages and love the diversity.”Rodney Jackson, franchisee, Chick-fil-A
Benefits of working with Chick-fil-A
So you need a job, but want your experience to be more than “just a paycheck”. I hear ya. Well, good news—along with that essential paycheck, Chick-fil-A offers some nice benefits, too. The biggest being scholarships.
Since 1970, Chick-fil-A has invested more than $112 million in scholarships to help over 67,000 team members pursue a college education and achieve their goals.
“We like it because you don’t have to be there a certain number of years. Everyone is eligible for scholarships the first day on the job.”Rodney Jackson, franchisee, Chick-fil-A
Here are some more benefits of working at Chick-fil-A:
- Sundays off—a rarity in the food industry
- Free meals
- Competitive wages + paid time off
Ready to apply? Here’s all you need to know.
- Team Member (Wildwood Centre in Homewood & Vestavia Hills locations)
- Delivery Driver (Vestavia Hills location)
- Operations Lead (Wildwood Centre in Homewood & Vestavia Hills locations)
- Director (Wildwood Centre in Homewood & Vestavia Hills locations)
- More open positions
- Age 16+
- Homewood: Wildwood Center, 211 Lakeshore Pkwy, Homewood, AL 35209
- Vestavia Hills: 513 Montgomery Hwy, Vestavia Hills, AL 35216
How to apply:
Open Interviews take place:
- Monday-Saturday from 10AM-5PM at Chick-fil-A at Wildwood Centre in Homewood: 211 Lakeshore Pkwy, Homewood, AL 35209
- Tuesdays from 2:30-4:30PM at Chick-fil-A in Vestavia Hills: 513 Montgomery Hwy, Vestavia Hills, AL 35216)