Burnt out on turkey and cranberries? It’s okay we’re craving a different meal, too—probably from attending one too many Friendsgiving events. Keep reading to find out what’s open in Birmingham on Thanksgiving Day.
I know we promised no turkey, but just in case you botched a dish or two, Fresh Market is open for business. Pick up pre-made dishes on Thanksgiving Day.
- Address: 549 Brookwood Village Homewood, AL 35209 | 4700 US-280, Ste 6, Birmingham, AL 35242
- Thanksgiving Hours: 7AM-3PM
- Contact: Homewood – 205.414.0017 | Hwy 280 – 205.991.0294
Craving beaver nuggets on Thanksgiving Day? Well, you don’t have to worry about not getting any because Buc-ee’s is open all day. You might even be able to get some early Christmas shopping.
If you haven’t gone to Buc-ee’s yet, now is your time to go.
- Location: 6900 Buc-ee’s Blvd, Leeds, AL 35094
- Thanksgiving Hours: All day on Thanksgiving
Bass Pro Shops
Tired of staying indoors? Get a taste of the outdoors at Bass Pro Shops. They’re open on Thanksgiving AND their holiday sale is already happening. Don’t forget to stop by to shop and hang out!
- Location: 5000 Bass Pro Blvd, Leeds, AL
- Thanksgiving Hours: 9AM-9PM
Texas de Brazil
Experience the meat hub that is Texas de Brazil. Thankfully, this steakhouse is open on Thanksgiving, so you won’t have to wait for Black Friday to go.
You can choose from all types of gaucho-cooked meats. Basically, the meat is cooked over an open flame with natural wood. Oh, and there’s more than just turkey, you can pick from ribs, lamb picanha, lamb chops, pork lion and many more.
- Location: 2301 Richard Arrington Jr Blvd N, Birmingham, AL
- Thanksgiving Hours: 5-9PM
At Metro Diner, Thanksgiving is made easy. I know I’m not a chef, but I love eating good food that’s not burnt. So to avoid catastrophe, Metro Diner has all the classics you love. Try their chicken and waffles, you won’t be disappointed.
- Location: 2050 Gadsden Hwy Birmingham, AL 35235 | 180 Inverness Plaza Birmingham, AL 35242
- Thanksgiving Hours: 8AM-2:30PM
Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse
Ruth Chris is also open on Thanksgiving. Reserve your full dinner—for 4 or more—so you can enjoy the meal without the hassle of cooking. Order ahead for curbside or carryout. Place your order here.
- Location: Embassy Suites Hotel, 2300 Woodcrest Pl, Birmingham, AL
- Thanksgiving Hours: 12-9:30PM
CVS, Rite Aid + Walgreens
Did your cousin throw a rock at your head on Thanksgiving? Oh, wait that happened to me. Anyways, if your family is chaotic as mine, you’ll probably need a first aid kit. National drug stores stay open for your tiny emergencies.
Check the websites to see if one near you is open.
- CVS: Check store locations here
- Rite Aid: Check store locations here
- Walgreens: Check store locations here
Want to take pics of the fam? We gathered all the open parks around town. Now go take those pretty fall pics!
- Oak Mountain State Park
- Address: 200 Terrace Dr, Pelham, AL 35124
- Hours: 7AM-6PM
- Red Mountain Park
- Address: 2011 Frankfurt Dr, Birmingham, AL 35211
- Hours: 7AM-5PM
- Veterans Park
- Address: 4800 Valleydale Rd, Meadowbrook, AL 35242
- Hours: Open 24 hours
The best post-meal activity is watching a film at the movie theaters. Check out what will be playing at theaters near you.
- AMC Patton Creek 15
- Address: 4450 Creekside Ave, Birmingham, AL 35244
- Contact: 205.982.4778
- AMC DINE-IN Vestavia Hills 10
- Address: 1911 Kentucky Ave, Vestavia Hills, AL 35216
- Contact: 205.978.3720
- AMC CLASSIC Lee Branch 15
- Address: 801 Doug Baker Blvd, Birmingham, AL 35242
- Contact: 205.408.0526
- AMC CLASSIC Marktplatz 10
- Address: 1950 Market Platz Center SW, Cullman, AL 35055
- Contact: 256.739.8073
Share all your Thanksgiving pics with us. Tag us @bhamnow.