It’s the first official weekend in November and wow is there a lot to do in Birmingham. From Día de los Muertos to Moss Rock Festival, here are 15 don’t-miss events taking place November 5-7.
Got a news tip or event you’d like us to promote? Send it our way at email@example.com
This Weekend in The Magic City
Come one, come all
The City of Trussville is gearing up for its annual Downtown Open House, Friday-Saturday, November 5-6 + you’ll want to be part of the fun. You’ll discover Christmas gifts, food tastings, pictures with Santa, special deals and lots more at awesome businesses like Meals by Misty, Whistle Stop Garden Shop and Tula J Boutique. Find the full list of merchants here.
Ooo, that’s interesting!
A modern twist on the furniture shopping experience… consider me intrigued. This Friday-Saturday, Nov. 5-6, attend Spiffy’s Shopping Shindig and find cool pieces to decorate that rad pad. More details.
Our feet are dancing with happiness
Moss Rock Festival celebrates its sweet 16 this Saturday-Sunday, November 6-7 and we are bouncing on happy feet about it. At this year’s annual eco-creative festival, wow over beautiful art from over 100 artists, indulge in drool-worthy bites and beer, discover nature and smart living + much more. Tickets on sale now. For all the nitty gritty details, check this out.
‘Tis the ski-son to be jolly + score savings!
Discount shoppers, get ready for the ultimate mini getaway this Saturday, Nov. 6 from 8AM-8PM. Unclaimed Baggage in Scottsboro, Alabama is hosting its 40th annual Ski Sale and you won’t want to miss it. Discover nearly 9,000 pieces of name-brand winter accessories at up to 80% off retail price. Bonus fun includes: live music, disco balls + dance floor, food trucks, snow machine, inflatables, photo bus booth, interactive games + more.
More to Discover
- Friday-Sunday, Nov. 5-7: Christmas Village Festival @ The BJCC. Wednesday 9AM-4PM, Thursday-Saturday 9AM-7PM, Sunday 11AM-5PM. Adults – $12, Kids $5. Tickets.
- Friday, November 5: Day of the Dead Eat in the Streets @ Pepper Place. 5-10PM
- Friday, November 5: Bards and Brews Slam @ Birmingham Public Library. 6:30-9PM. Free admission.
- Friday, Nov. 5: The Black Jacket Symphony perform Pearl Jam’s Ten + Nirvana’s Nevermind @ Avondale Brewing Co. 7:30PM. Price varies. Tickets.
- Saturday, Nov. 6: Bark in the Park @ Veterans Park – Alabaster. 9AM-2PM. Free admission.
- Saturday-Sunday, Nov. 6-7: Moss Rock Festival @ Hoover Metropolitan Complex. Saturday, 10AM-5PM, Sunday 10AM-4PM. Advance – $10 (15 + under – FREE), At Gate – $12 (15 + under – FREE).
- Sunday, November 7: Pop-Up Festival @ Bessemer Civic Center. 1-5PM. Free admission.
- Wednesday, November 10: Sidewalk’s 12th Annual 10K Party@ Sidewalk Film. 8-10PM. $10K Ticket – $150, Sidewalk Superfan Ticket – $75. Tickets.
- Friday-Sunday, November 12-14: Diamonds Direct Showcase @ Diamonds Direct. 5-7PM. Free admission.
- Friday-Saturday, November 12-13: Alabama Symphony Orchestra: Beethoven’s Fifth Symphony @ Alys Stephens Center. Nov. 12 – 11AM + 7PM, Nov. 13 – 7PM. $29. Tickets.
- Friday-Sunday, November 12-13: Christmas in the Country @ Homestead Hollow. 9AM-4PM. Adults – $8, Kids 3-12 – $4, Ages 2 + under – FREE.
- Saturday, November 13: Hope Festival benefiting King’s Home @ Veteran’s Park – Hoover. 10AM-3PM. Free admission.
- Saturday, November 13: Leeds Cruising for Toys Cruise-In for a Cause Toy Drive @ Downtown Leeds. 2PM.
- Sunday, November 14: Deck the Heights @ Cahaba Heights. 2-7PM. Free admission.
- Sunday, November 14: West Homewood Glow Parade + Tailgate @ Seeds Coffee. 4:30PM. Free admission.
- Sunday, November 14: 4th Annual Mac ’N Cheese Festival @ Back Forty Beer Co. 1-4PM. Early Bird – $15, Day Of Event – $20, Kids 5 + under – FREE. Tickets.
Deal of the Week
Have an event you’d like promoted? Hit us up at hello@bhamnow.