Moss Rock Festival is celebrating its sweet 16 this year, and you don’t want to miss it. Check out what you’ll find at this eco-creative festival that brings beautiful art, amazing bites and beer, nature and smart living and more—happening Saturday, November 6 through Sunday, November 7. Then, get your tickets today.
1. Moss Rock Festival is celebrating their 16th year 🎨
Moss Rock Festival is Alabama’s premier eco-creative festival. For over 15 years, they’ve combined art, innovation, imagination, nature and of course, fun, for a weekend that you can’t beat. This year, they’re celebrating their sweet 16, and trust us—you’ll want to be a part of it.
- What: The 16th annual Moss Rock Festival
- When: Saturday, Nov. 6 10AM-5PM | Sunday, Nov. 7 10AM-4PM
- Where: Hoover Metropolitan Complex | 5508 Stadium Trace Pkwy, Hoover, AL 35244
- Tickets: $10 day tickets in advance | $12 day tickets at the gate | Kids 15 & under get in free.
2. View art from 100+ artists
If you’re familiar with the Magic City Art Connection, the spring counterpart to Moss Rock Festival, you know just how important art is to these weekends. As you walk around the Festival venue, you can enjoy works of art from over 100 artists. You’ll especially love seeing how each artist plays with nature in their pieces, working in elements like wood, clay and glass into their art.
Meet this year’s featured artists, Yvonne Miller + Stefan Hochhuber
“It is an exciting honor to be this year’s featured artists for the Moss Rock Art Festival, because this event highlights sustainable art & green living.
The idea for our nest collages, in particular, was sparked when Stefan and I discovered a bird’s nest in our backyard. The resourceful bird weaved in a bit of plastic shopping bag and a silver sliver of screen door material. The lightbulb went off, just copy what the birds do. We collect and collage hand torn and cut papers; vintage sheet music, maps, tickets, old letters from traveling and much more.”Yvonne Miller, Featured Artist, Moss Rock Festival
3. Connect to nature
Want to know what sets Moss Rock Festival apart from other arts festivals? Nature and sustainability are major inspirations behind everything at the Festival. At this year’s Moss Rock Festival, you can learn more about wildlife from the Alabama Wildlife Center.
Plus, House Plant Collective will bring out their mobile bus pop-up store and Foliage Design Systems will show off their plants. Whether you get gardening advice or take home a few plants for yourself, you’ll love learning more about how sustainability and art connect.
4. Experience special exhibitions & design features, an EV University, live music + fun for the whole family
Special features like Storyteller Overland adventure vans, the curated photographic exhibit “Landscapes | Our Alabama” and Alabama Clean Fuels Coalition’s EV University will amp up your enjoyment of the festival while providing insights into the future of travel and an appreciation of our state’s natural diversity. Plus, enjoy different forms of artistic expression at the Poet Laureate Tent featuring Alabama’s first Black Poet Laureate, Ashley M. Jones, and through live music and other performances on the stage.
- Saturday, November 6
- 11AM: Hope Wendel | Singer/songwriter
- 12PM: Rude & True | Folk duet
- 1PM: Orange Bunny | Folk
- 2PM: Alabama School of Fine Arts | Jazz ensemble
- 3PM: M.U.A.D. | Electronic
- 4PM: The Starling | Folk-rock Americana
- Sunday, November 7
- 11AM: Khloe Isabella | Gospel
- 11:30AM: Sowmya Karra Natyananda | Dance of India
- 12PM: Fee-Fee Redmon | Jazz
- 1PM | Dala Dance Company | Tribal Belly Dance
- 1:35PM: Ashley M. Jones | Spoken Word
- 2PM: Iron Giant Percussion | Chamber music ensemble
- 3PM: Cheyloe | Alt-country singer/songwriter
Give kiddos the chance to explore their own love of art at the WonderKid Studios, a fun opportunity to work with local artists on creative projects.
5. Dig into delish eats + support local businesses
While you stroll through the Festival, fuel up with tasty food from local food trucks, businesses and bakeries.
Here’s a small taste of what you can find:
- Aww Shucks
- Cousins Maine Lobster
- K&J’s Elegant Pastries
- Tamale Queen
- Smart Living Market
- Alabama Peanut Company
- Gitts Bajan Pepper Sauce
- Walden Farmacy
- Nana Bakes
- Nothing Bundt Cakes
- Over the Top Toffee
- The Joyful Food Company
6. Discover a new brew at the Beer Garden 🍻
One of the best parts of Moss Rock Festival is BACK this year—the 10th annual Beer Garden. Get your tickets now for a souvenir tasting glass, entry into the festival and a craft beer tasting event featuring old and new favorite breweries.
- Tasting Sessions: Saturday, Nov. 6 12-2PM | Saturday, Nov. 6 2:30-4:30PM | Sunday, Nov. 7 1-3PM
- Tickets: $30 in advance (Order before Nov. 5) | $40 at door
“We loved supporting the breweries in 2020 with our pivot to a Beer Garden Trail concept. But for our 10th year, we are definitely excited that the craft tasting will be back in person at the Festival alongside all of the complementary Nature, Smart Living, Art & Design features. That juxtaposition at Moss Rock Festival really elevates the Beer Garden experience.”Alex Kunzman, PR & Marketing Director, Moss Rock Festival
Grab your tickets for Moss Rock Festival taking place November 6-7 at the Hoover Metropolitan Complex. Plus, follow @mossrockfest + @mossrockbeergarden for updates about the event.